• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About BarneyStinson

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location USA
  • Nationality USA
  1. Hello, we moved here a few months ago for my spouse's employment. He's a Blue Card holder and I was registered as a dependent. My visa states "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet" (I don't know if it's relevant but I thought I'd put it down). Before I moved here I was working as a freelancer. My clients are US based. I'd like to continue doing freelancing for them. My question is, do I need to apply for Steuernummer even though my clients are not in Germany? Or would my regular Tax ID be sufficient for tax return purposes?   And is there anything else I need to do once I start earning money here? Change status at the Burgeramt or... something else?   Thanks much beforehand.