• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by ilyann

  1. When you take a loan you sign that you'll notify the bank about address changes. Also the bank has the right to cancel the loan (that is, require you to pay in back in a short time) all if there are material changes in your financial situation, so if I were you I'd discuss that with bank in advance to avoid any surprises. 


  2. You need to be living in the place you are registered, but it's not a requirement that you literally sleep there every night and this accommodates the "I am temporarily moving out of the country" scenario. For example, German students don't do the Abmeldung if they have an exchange year abroad. 


    My advice is to find a friend with a large house who can cheaply rent you a room, move in your things and register there.


  3. Not sure what's so blurry about that. You can get the NE regularly by working and living for 60 months, or in an accelerated way by working in a "Blue Card job" (irrespectively of whether you actually had a blue card or not) for 33/21 months.


    You make a convincing argument that specifically your future income is likely to be similar to your last month, not what you had two years ago, but it's not trivial to write a rule that would not be open to abuse (e.g. what if someone applies for a job where he is only fired as underqualified at the end of the Probezeit? what if someone makes massively overtime for a few months and gets his compensation during that time inflated? what if someone works in an overhyped industry?)


  4. There is no hard rule that you need to provide a contract within 3 months. It's up to the ABH how much time they can allow the person for the job search (and in fact you should have been in contact with them!) The general guideline, however, is 3 to 6 months (e.g. it is written in the VAB ABH Berlin) so it is not likely to be a problem. 


    You might be required to prove that you have enough money to support yourself before the start of the new contract though. 



  5. Quote

    total contribution to social insurance (under specific conditions – salary, higher education) that matters

    This one – it's the total contribution that matters.



    get BC again after few years, would this past periods still count


    I don't see why not.



    they won't count towards anything anyway

    If you ever work within Europe again they will count, even if you are not working specifically in Germany:


  6. Of course you have a choice. If you registered as unemployed but politely explained that you will not be available to interviews (which is your right – people can't be forced to work outside of prison context), they will politely explain that they will will (as far as I know) pay for your health insurance but not give the ALG I money itself. This is what you want, right? 


    Out of curiosity, do you not want to receive the ALG I as a principle? If so, could you clarify what makes you uncomfortable about using the insurance that you paid into? E.g. if you had an insurance again theft and your bike was stolen would you also refuse the insurance money for the bike?


    It just sounds a bit from your use of the word "dole" like you mix the ALG I (the unemployment benefits system for people who look for work that you paid every month into from your salary) and the ALG II (the system for people who don't have any money and who often are long-term unemployed, i.e. the pure social transfer).


  7. On 7/26/2019, 6:01:12, uziel said:

    @2B_orNot2B @engelchen

    Here is my situation (not quite the same as the original post): I have a work permit (18 Abs 4 S.1) since May-2017 until May-2020 (Not a BlueCard)
    The zusatzblatt says: "Beschäftigung nicht gestattet mit Ausnahme der Tätigkeit als Software Ingenieur. Selbständige Tätigkeit gestattet." So no tied explicit to a company.

    I am thinking to quit my job in order to improve my german and look for some other job options
    (the start up does not have a very bright future...). I plan to study german for a few months while looking for a job
    In your experience:

    1. Dou you think I should notify the AuslanderBehorde or the BundesAgentur fur Arbeit about this? Even though I understand I should be able to apply for Airbeitlosengeld  (+2 years as an employee) I am not planning to do so. I have enough savings for several months.

    2 . Do you think this would impact a future application of Permanent Residence? (That is my goal and that is why I want to concentrate on getting the B1 german certificate).




    This thinking – quit my job and look for something better – is something extremely atypical in Germany. It's in most cases advisable to be looking for work while you are still receiving the salary from your current job.


    Note if your current job goes bankrupt and has to fire you you will get a few months of extra payment, time off to search for work and the unemployment benefits, perhaps including payment for the German courses, if your job search doesn't work out.


    Of course, it's still your right to quit unilaterally, but I do recommend you ask for advice first.


    Now to answer the actual questions:


    1 Yes, of course you should always plan for the worst. After 3 months you will be eligible for the ALG I, shall the need arise.

    2 No, they are fine with breaks between the jobs.


  8. On 6/11/2019, 2:39:46, MrMiles said:

    Yes, that's the date I picked it up. Actually, I can't show my Oz license, because they would not return it to me. I think it's bizarre that a rental company won't rent to me when I've been driving for 30 years. This date must have been a mistake.


    It's how the German law on Umschreibung of licenses works. I'm not a fan of this either, and unfortunately rental company can make their own rules and refuse to rent in this situation.


  9. 1 hour ago, kiplette said:

    From my reading of the initial post, I think she had paid for 5 months, and having still not got a sim card, cancelled the payment, and then came this bill for 19.98.




    The OP actually provided the following picture:




    deduction of 9.99 from my bank account took place like clockwork.


     I immediately called my bank to order a block against Telefonica


    The difference from the other 5 monthly consecutive billing invoice they’d sent me prior, is a short sentence run at the bottom that says, and Google Translator interpreted as: there’s been a block on your bank account, please wire 19.98euros to the XXX bank account asap. 19.98, doubled up now? Assuming that’s my penalty for default? For protecting my rather limited financial resources against the filthy claws of a bullying, blood-thirsting corporate wolf? Naturally, there’s no way to find out. Naturally, one’s expected to pay up without questioning. Naturally, this is the consumer culture here. Natürlich.



  10. Quote

    there’s been a block on your bank account, please wire 19.98euros to the XXX bank account asap. 19.98, doubled up now? Assuming that’s my penalty for default? For protecting my rather limited financial resources against the filthy claws of a bullying, blood-thirsting corporate wolf? Naturally, there’s no way to find out.


    So let me get this straight, they sent you a bill for a first month, you blocked the account so they couldn't take 9.99, they sent you the bill next month for 9.99 + 9.99 and you do not know how to interpret this situation and what the possible reason could be? 


  11. This is seriously such a weird story that I do not even now if it makes sense to give advice. The main thing has been repeated again and again: if you don't understand how something works, find a friend who knows.


    But there are two issues where I will still give some advice:


    > But there’s no way of knowing it since he won’t be back till Nov.


    It's extremely uncommon for people to just leave for a long time without giving someone (relative, friend, Mieter) access to their mailbox to get letters (for most people, the mailbox would literally overflow after a couple of month of that). So if you ping your friend you can probably find some solution to get your SIM card IF it is there – see the next point.


    > Mistake #4, use your own address registered with your residency permit for online purchase or receiving any kind of delivery or else risk being at fault of a potential loss. Because it’s Germany and everything has to be exact.


    Correct. In addition YOUR NAME has to be on the mailbox to receive the letter. That's indeed the "German" part, as a party to a contact regarding telecommunications networks must be correctly identified. So it is quite possible that you gave your address as "c/o My Friend Street X", they sent it as "Your Name Street X" and it was returned. 


    If that's indeed the case you basically gave them the false address which reduces your chances for a successful lawsuit to almost nil. Just go to any O2 shop, of which there are plenty, show them your Anmeldung, ask to change the address and resend the SIM card.


  12. Well, I do suggest that the poster learns about this directly from the AHB/Einbürgerungsbehörde. But again, my anecdotal experience with NE is supported by other people from Berlin (they have the Ermessenspielraum regarding what do they accept as the proof of the language). 


  13. E.g. I have never had any official language exam with a certificate and this has never been a problem.


    I did bring a certificate of completion of the C1 level at the Goethe Institute and the Einstufungstest results (that is, the C2 study level) to my NE appointment, but I had an impression that I would be fine without them as well.


  14. On 7/10/2019, 9:24:13, TurMech said:


    Received 2 replies.


    First one was that, as the exam results do not expire, it will be valid at any time.


    Second person said in addition to the reply to the first, "...unless the officer has an impression at the personal interview, that the speaking competence has been lost since then. If that's the case he/she could demand a new certificate.


    I think there won't be any issue. There are also real life examples, from people, whose old exam results (older than 5 years) are accepted. On top of that, those who finished an Integrationskurs can reduce their citizenship application times to 7 years, and their 6 years old B1 (and leben in Deutschland) results are accepted. 


    PS: That was also my first post on info4alien, and for that reason i made a registration. You could do it, it's quick and easy.


    I have tried to research the topic before I was getting my NE and I wasn't able to find any hard rules, so in the end this will depend on the case officer. They are also free to not require any certificate at all and just check the box from their impression of how you speak, so I wouldn't worry too much.


  15. 6 hours ago, engelchen said:


    No, it is not.


    The German educational system is designed assuming children have support and assistance at home. Furthermore, inferior German skills have a negative influence on all subjects. Foreign parents who can't even speak German do not have the ability to assist their children.


    It is possible for foreign children who move to Germany when they are young to learn sufficient German to succeed in school, however, it is not something that can be taken for granted. 




    I do not really think that we are disagreeing here. The original poster in this thread, @nelajd, mentioned he or she speaks B1 and is on skilled migrant visa, so that's why I don't expect this to be a problem for him or her.


  16. On 7/5/2019, 10:14:43, engelchen said:



    It is not just my opinion, but rather many international multi-country studies have found the German educational system to be barely mediocre. Furthermore, it is a generally established fact that a child's success in the German educational system has more to do with the family's socioeconomic position than the child's actual ability. The children of foreigners and blue collar workers tend to perform significantly worse than their peers.






    To be fair, I believe that most of the difference is attributable to the educational level of the parents, which shouldn't be an issue here.


  17. The status of someone who works in Germany as a Blue Card holder isn't that different from the permanent residency. You can't be denied an extension of residence permit and the eventual permanent residency after 21/33 months. You also can't be discriminated against and can  change jobs or receive the standard unemployment insurance (ALG I). 


    The difference with permanent residency is mostly relevant if you will be unemployed for a long time or try to get a multi-year credit from a bank. Note that normal permanent residency is after 5 years (I believe EU-wide) and you already know yourself that Germany will provide an expedited way after 21 months (but the expedited way to citizenship still takes 6 years). 



  18. > there’s any specific process when I change jobs (e.g. do I have to submit the new company's contract to auslanderbehörde and send all my documents all over again like my C/V, insurance, anmeldung etc.?)


    Yes, you provide the new contract, Anmedung and any documents that will be requested by the ABH to them.

    > should I also target this salary when negotiating for a new company


    It's obviously in your interests to target as much as possible in terms of salary! But if you asking specifically about the ABH, there are no hard boundaries, rather you may think about 41,808€ in Mangelberuf as "guaranteed to issue" and something lower or not in Mangelberuf as "likely to issue, but not guaranteed".


  19. The processing is usually immediate (the thing that takes a few weeks is the physical form of the card), so if the company makes the decision that they will not hire you before your appointment you you are likely to be informed on the spot that you will not be issued a Blue Card.


    Your best bet is to look for work asap. Note that you only need an offer of employment from a company to get a BC (not necessarily an already signed contract), so if you manage to have that before your appointment – that would solve your problems. 


    In IT it shouldn't be hard to get an offer in 1–2 weeks, even if it's a shitty one (or perhaps you could talking to that first company again?). Especially if you are in Berlin, as your profile says. 


    If you can't manage to have that but still made a good effort to look for work and have funds to live for a couple of more months the ABH is likely to give you an extension in the form a Fiktionsbescheinigung, but I am not aware of it being guaranteed.