• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

176 Excellent

1 Follower

About ilyann

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location Potsdam
  • Nationality Russian
  • Gender Male
  • Year of birth
  1. Australian to German driver's licence conversion

      It's how the German law on Umschreibung of licenses works. I'm not a fan of this either, and unfortunately rental company can make their own rules and refuse to rent in this situation.
  2. The new contract, the termination agreement with the previous job. For the email, take a look at their website. 
  3.   So let me get this straight, they sent you a bill for a first month, you blocked the account so they couldn't take 9.99, they sent you the bill next month for 9.99 + 9.99 and you do not know how to interpret this situation and what the possible reason could be? 
  4. This is seriously such a weird story that I do not even now if it makes sense to give advice. The main thing has been repeated again and again: if you don't understand how something works, find a friend who knows.   But there are two issues where I will still give some advice:   > But there’s no way of knowing it since he won’t be back till Nov.   It's extremely uncommon for people to just leave for a long time without giving someone (relative, friend, Mieter) access to their mailbox to get letters (for most people, the mailbox would literally overflow after a couple of month of that). So if you ping your friend you can probably find some solution to get your SIM card IF it is there – see the next point.   > Mistake #4, use your own address registered with your residency permit for online purchase or receiving any kind of delivery or else risk being at fault of a potential loss. Because it’s Germany and everything has to be exact.   Correct. In addition YOUR NAME has to be on the mailbox to receive the letter. That's indeed the "German" part, as a party to a contact regarding telecommunications networks must be correctly identified. So it is quite possible that you gave your address as "c/o My Friend Street X", they sent it as "Your Name Street X" and it was returned.    If that's indeed the case you basically gave them the false address which reduces your chances for a successful lawsuit to almost nil. Just go to any O2 shop, of which there are plenty, show them your Anmeldung, ask to change the address and resend the SIM card.
  5. German citizenship after 6 years

    Well, I do suggest that the poster learns about this directly from the AHB/Einbürgerungsbehörde. But again, my anecdotal experience with NE is supported by other people from Berlin (they have the Ermessenspielraum regarding what do they accept as the proof of the language). 
  6. German citizenship after 6 years

    E.g. I have never had any official language exam with a certificate and this has never been a problem.   I did bring a certificate of completion of the C1 level at the Goethe Institute and the Einstufungstest results (that is, the C2 study level) to my NE appointment, but I had an impression that I would be fine without them as well.
  7. German citizenship after 6 years

      I have tried to research the topic before I was getting my NE and I wasn't able to find any hard rules, so in the end this will depend on the case officer. They are also free to not require any certificate at all and just check the box from their impression of how you speak, so I wouldn't worry too much.
  8.   I do not really think that we are disagreeing here. The original poster in this thread, @nelajd, mentioned he or she speaks B1 and is on skilled migrant visa, so that's why I don't expect this to be a problem for him or her.
  9.   To be fair, I believe that most of the difference is attributable to the educational level of the parents, which shouldn't be an issue here.
  10. The status of someone who works in Germany as a Blue Card holder isn't that different from the permanent residency. You can't be denied an extension of residence permit and the eventual permanent residency after 21/33 months. You also can't be discriminated against and can  change jobs or receive the standard unemployment insurance (ALG I).    The difference with permanent residency is mostly relevant if you will be unemployed for a long time or try to get a multi-year credit from a bank. Note that normal permanent residency is after 5 years (I believe EU-wide) and you already know yourself that Germany will provide an expedited way after 21 months (but the expedited way to citizenship still takes 6 years).   
  11. While I don't think it's strictly necessary I would still send the documents via email immediately if you have actually resigned the previous job. That way you are covered if something falls through with the new job or you can't attend the appointment.
  12. No, they will not count. Why do you need specifically permanent residency?
  13. Did you sign the document at the ABH saying that you need to inform them about the employment  changes?
  14. However if it's more that your previous job then the "likely to issue, but not guaranteed" is something like "95% likely" in my (unfortunately, only theoretically informed) opinion.