• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

24 Good

About java10

Profile Information

  • Location Munich
  • Nationality Bosnian
  • Gender Male
  • Year of birth

Recent Profile Visitors

3,277 profile views
  1. MVV Isar Weekly Card Validity

    It works like this. A weekly ticket is valid the rest of the purchase day (say MON). Then we go: TUE, WED, THU, FRI, SAT, SUN.. As you can see, you do have 7 days of validity. What you lose is the time of the first day until the purchase time.
  2. Car expenses for freelancers

    I was told by a (non-German, but living and working here) Steuerberater that, even though a private car is used by a Kleinunternehmer for business purposes (plus of course private usage), that, in order to claim those 0,30 € per km - one needs to fill in the Fahrtenbuch?   Is that so? I don't see the point in that because there's no need for separation between business and private use of such car. Please advise!
  3. Steuerklasse 4-4 vs. 3-5

    Hello Toytowners,   I started working in Munich mid-August 2017. I was told by a German colleague that choosing class 3 (higher earning spouse's salary) and 5 (lower salary) instead of 4-4 for both -- only means you will own to the state at the end of the year. Namely, choosing 4-4 is better because "what you get is what is yours".   Is that correct? On this website ( I noticed class 4 is basically equal to class 1. Why is that so?   Is there a threshold to cross in salary difference in order for 3-5 to be a better choice instead of 4-4?   Thanks!