update and need help
So I wrote to the auslaenderbehoerde a couple times earlier this month. They didn't answer until this weekend. They are not comprehending that I do not want my residency canceled. So I called them and they still didn't quite get it. They said i can come to Germany anytime and just reapply for a work permit when I arrive. wtf? (I have Daueraufenthalt EU)...(I dont want to lose my rights an start from the beginning again)
Unfortunately for me, i just ran into a problem. I live with a good friend of mine and she is a care taker of her grandma. Her grandmother lives in a different home, but she has been seeing her grandmother almost every day because she lost her husband to complications after a surgery a little over a month ago. My friends grandmother took a covid 19 test, and got the results this past friday, they were positive.
My friend nor her husband are not having any symptoms and neither am I. I was never in direct contact with her grandmother. But we now should get tested anyway. Despite me being an overly cautious about hygiene, the friends I live with are lazier about this than they should be, which puts me at risk. I am supposed to be back in Germany by the 15th, a few days away from my wiedereinreisfrist date. I was going to book a plane tick this weekend, but did not because I was waiting for an answer from the auslaenderbehoerde, and they are super slow as always despite my urgently needing an answer. I didn't book the ticket because of now knowing I need to be tested now. It takes some days before being able to test and takes quite a few days for results. geeze.
Do I have any legal rights not to lose my residency by being stuck in the united stupid of america because of needing to test for covid? I have lived in germany over 10 years before this complicated situation. I would have come before july if it was permitted, but it wasn't.
Does anybody have helpful info or resources? help!