Dani L

  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About Dani L

Profile Information

  • Location Neukölln, Berlin
  • Nationality USA
  • Hometown Seattle, WA
  • Gender Female
  • Interests Meditation, yoga, gardening, traveling, learning, fruit
  1. What will my US car need for TÜV?

    Thanks everyone for the input. 🙏🏻 I'll do a little more research, but sheesh, it sounds stressful – and I thought I'd be saving some stress by not having to sell it here and buy another car there . Sounds like it'd be less work to go that route after all.   The car is sentimental - it was my mom's who passed a few years ago. Also it was a "granny car" meaning barely driven: 10 years old but only about 57K miles. But it sounds like even the age of the car alone, plus all the other factors you've brought up, could require quite significant hassle.
  2. We are looking to ship our 2011 Subaru Outback from the US to Germany. I'm reading about the TÜV conversion requirements, and I'm wondering if there's any easy way to get a ballpark idea of how much alteration would be needed in this car. Thanks for any tips.
  3. Thanks everyone for the replies, including the helpful research and the sharing your personal experiences. It sounds hopeful that A1 will be enough, and that I'd only need B1 if I went for permanent residence. I work in English so that's not an issue. I'll keep learning German though! I intend to get through B1, just not soon enough to apply for this permit, most likely.    
  4. I'm a US citizen married to a German citizen. We lived in Germany from 2014 to 2017. In 2014, I got a 3-year residence permit easily with no language requirement. The person did say that if I were to renew it after the 3 years, I'd need to show some German (but I don't remember what they said specifically).   We've lived in the US since 2017, and we're now returning to Germany. I need to get a new residency permit. Not a renewal I guess since the old one is long expired. Does anyone know what the language requirement would be in this case? I'm currently halfway through A2. Looking through posts here and in other places, it's confusing because other advice refers to applying for initial permits or renewing initial permits (continuous residence), or not being a spouse, etc. So many variables.   Could anyone advise me on the specifics of my situation or refer me to something/someone who could? Thanks!