• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

67 Very good

About jubinjohn

Profile Information

  • Location Dortmund
  • Nationality Indian
  • Gender Male
  • Year of birth 1983

Recent Profile Visitors

2,278 profile views
  1. What made you cry today?

    @manly386 it feels not right to read your post and move on without saying anything. And i dont know what to say.   As a fellow human being i wish you peace of mind and courage and strength for your loved one
  2. Coronavirus

    I was at the rewe just now. Spaghetti section and toilet paper aisles were all empty. Next door netto had plenty though
  3. Bullied at work during the probation period

    May be she is afraid of you that she loses her importance in her workplace.  If you are able to make progress every day, it's just a matter of time until you gain knowledge that she can not bully you any longer.   But if she is not letting you learn anything and you are stuck , then look for another job.
  4. Advice needed, encounter w/ threatening driver

    Back in my hometown, my neighbour , who was a bus driver ,slapped(in his words) another driver on his face under road rage. Other guy went unconscious and stayed like that in hospital for few days. My neighbor ended up with serious troubles with the law , and paid a lot from his pocket.  If one is in rage it is a good idea to pull over but , should never get out of his car. Why risk your money and your family s happiness just to teach a jerk a lesson?
  5. Going clean - Missing tax declaration

     I guess she should take an expert's service on this. This member @PandaMunich, who is a tax consultant helped me out in my case
  6. Flip or Slider Mobile

    Just visit media markt or Saturn, they have plenty of them.  Without camera and dual sim is a hard condition. Most of them have a crappy camera. But my inner sense says you will be able to find one below 70 euros.   
  7. I had to take their workshop option as they did not allow me to choose a workshop of my choice Total expense was around 4k for full repair , of that 3400 were covered by  the insurance company .  I got reset on my haftplicht and kasko klasse together, because of both claims.  It got around 400 euro more expensive that year and  the following years were also expensive .  I still don't know which option would have been better
  8. Coronavirus

    2 years ago, there was nipah outbreak in southern india, which was also suspected from fruit eating bats. It was more dangerous than corona ,as the death ratio was around 90% . And most of the deceased were healthy young adults. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Nipah_virus_outbreak_in_Kerala I think nCoV is not as serious as that, unless the patient has compromised immunity.
  9. Help! Kindergarten Change

    We did exactly the same. One month we had to pay both the kita fees. Otherwise everything went well. Don't worry
  10. Yes, it is a standard procedure. They employ some advocates for this purpose.   I have heard the experience of some others , where after going through this verification  and their spouses were already in Germany, they were advices by the einwohnermeldeamt to do the same thing for their marriage certificate at same cost but in euros Many complied, but one of them secured an email from the German embassy who issued the temporary visa for the spouse, that they did this procedure already. And that worked.    May be this info might save you from redundant work and expenditure Good luck
  11. Frugal Meals - Recipes and Cost

    Upma - fast version   Hartweizengriess 3/4 cup. Water 1 cup. A pinch of chopped ginger, 1 garlic clove chopped. 1 onion chopped., 1 carrot finely chopped (optional), Mustard seeds. Warm hartweissengriess in a pan and set aside. Splatter a pinch of mustard seeds in oil, then add ginger, garlic , onion and fry it until light brown. Add chopped carrot and cook it until done. Then add water and salt into it . Once water starts boiling add hartweissengriess into it. Keep stirring it until water gets absorbed. Upma is ready.    Serving suggestion: Smash a banana with a fork and mix upma with it.        
  12. Frugal Meals - Recipes and Cost

    Totally agree,   Another one, mung beans or green gram. We can find it in any srilankan or indian stores. Soak a half cup of that in water overnight. Then add salt ,pepper and garlic, and let cook in a pot. Add kokosraspel if one needs it fancy.   I like it with rice or chapati
  13. Frugal Meals - Recipes and Cost

    Chapati We need a frying pan, and a roller   Add 2 tablespoons of oil and salt to  vollkornmehl. Add lukewarm water  into the flour in small quantities and mix well using hand until the dough sticks together and get a ball shape.  Make small spheres out of big lump of dough  of around 5cm diameter using both palms. Put some dry flour on counter top and roll the spheres flat using a roller. Throw it in hot frying pan with a little or no oil.  We should see air bubbles show up on chappathi and turns a bit dark    Alu palak Add some oil to a frying pan, and fry chopped garlic and ginger Once they turn golden brown add chopped potatoes . Add garam masala ,  salt and keep it closed until cooked.  Add chopped spinat into it and let it cook while keeping the lid closed.    Garam masala sometimes contain  chilly powder in it. If it is too much hot , one can try a custom built version, but then it become expensive. You need 1. Fennel seeds - two table spoon 2. Cinnamon - a pinch 3. Star anise - 1 4. Muscat - a pinch 5. Cardomon - 1 seed from a peeled shell 6. Cummins seeds - a pinch Fry the above in a pan for a very short time , then grind it. Be careful , they turn brown very fast.                 
  14. Frugal Meals - Recipes and Cost

    75g of vollkornmehl. Water ,  oil, salt for chapathis.  Spinat, potatoes , garlic , ginger and garam masala for Aalu palak   Should not cost much  
  15. If you don't serve.your notice period , it is a violation of infy s employment contract, right?.  Are they aggressive on such cases? May be talk to hr and make a deal to serve your notice period here itself.   Good luck