• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

63 Very good

About applepenpineapple

  • Rank
    Yam Yam Yam Yam Yam

Profile Information

  • Location Germany
  • Nationality Pasta
  • Gender Male
  1. Recommended immigration lawyers in Hamburg

    Any updates on recommendation for immigration lawyers in Hamburg?
  2. What is the best way to clean off mold on styrofoam inside toilet cistern?   My apartment has a toilet tank / cistern lined inside with bare, soft white polystyrene (styrofoam), the type with lots of seams and pores, and breaks off into little puffs.  The surface is brown, I assume mold or some kind of living growth.  I've tried cleaning it with household cleaning spray and soap, and rubbing with a sponge, but it doesn't work well.  The stuff is stuck in the seams and pores.  I don't want to rub too hard and damage the foam.  The water shut off valve doesn't work so the foam is always submerged in water.  I've tried dropping in blue "cleaning" tablets for toilets for a few weeks but it doesn't reduce the brownness of the foam.  I haven't tried alcohol or the hydrogen peroxide that is in household schimmel spray, because I'm not sure if it will react to the styrofoam.   Would have been easier if the cistern was lined with closed cell foam, or if the foam was encased in some other harder material.   I've also read on other forums that some people simply leave it alone, but I'm not sure if that's good.    
  3. Are flashing bicycle lights allowed in Germany?

    I was told by a German that my flashing bicycle lights are not allowed in Germany. Is this true? It's the first time I've heard of such a rule in any country.   After reading wikipedia and other posts on this forum, I read that all bikes over 11kg must have dynamo lights, but I have a folding bicycle for touring and have front and rear racks with panniers carrying 30kg of gear. I don't think it's even possible to attach a dynamo to the bicycle when folded with all the protruding parts pressed together.   I bought extremely bright flashing lights to use while in Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand touring on my bicycle so I wouldn't get hit by cars.