• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

14 Neutral

About Paul@CRCIE

Contact Methods

  • Website

Profile Information

  • Location Stuttgart
  • Nationality Irish
  • Hometown Dublin, Ireland
  • Gender Male
  • Year of birth 1982
  1. Hi @kapil354, the short answer is no. The tax here in Germany will not grant tax relief on retirement products from other countries. However, the earliest age that you can draw funds from German private pension products is 62 and 63, not 67.    Hope that helps, Paul  
  2. CR&Cie - Germany : Are they still in Business?

    Hi @Emmbee, Apologies for not getting back to you. The last number of weeks have been chaotic. Can you please send me a DM here with your name / email and I will get back to you tomorrow when I am in the office?   Thanks,  Paul. 
  3. How To Get Mortgage With An EU Blue Card

    Hi Postdocdoc, The issue the bank has is not just the Blue Card, it’s mostly the temporary contracts. And tbh, I think you are lucky to have an offer at all considering you have temporary residency and temporary work contracts. Basically, even if you wait until your wife has a Blue Card, it doesn’t mean you will get a better offer at that point. Yes the Bausparvertrag is expensive but it’s Wustenrot’s way off offsetting the risk. What rate was the main loan offered to you at, can I ask?
  4. Mortgage extension for non-resident

    Hi @audioboy77, your residency really doesn't play any role here. If you decide to hold the property for a longer term refinancing the loan shouldn't be an issue, plenty of lenders will finance non-residents.    If you want a variable rate loan you should get this from your current lender but you can expect to pay something like 5% APR for the year you hold onto the property. 
  5. @venomman I work with Starshollow re mortgages. If you have two full years of accounts submitted and taxes paid then yes, there should be no issue. If you have not completed two full years of financial accounts you need to do so. PM me if you need more precise info.  
  6. Hi Kapil354,    In short the answer is no, you can't get tax relief on pension plans outside of Germany. However, as an employee you can pay into a company pension account and take a lump sum on retirement. There is no need to annuitize the account. Investment option are a little confined but you get good tax relief.    Paul
  7. Tax Return on BU Possible?

    Hi @blitzyev,   It absolutely makes sense to protect your income with a BU policy, just make sure your policy is valid worldwide, so you can keep it when you leave Germany. Most are.    You won't receive money back as it's not a savings plan. Your premiums are paying for the risk, in the event something happens you, the insurance company will then substitute your income.    Technically you can write off your premiums for BU but in reality you can't as your annual allowance is taken up completely by your health insurance premiums. However, you can wrap the insurance up with a pension meaning you get tax relief but whether a pension is suitable or not depends on your own situation and plans.    All the best.