• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

9 Neutral

About Palindrome

Profile Information

  • Location London
  • Nationality British
  • Gender Male
  • Year of birth
  1. UK tax payable on German dividends (?)

    The above query has been settled following a telephone call to the bank. M
  2. UK tax payable on German dividends (?)

    My wife is a German citizen but a longtime UK resident (with settled status) and fiscally resident. She is in receipt of a small income from some inherited shares and this needs to be declared to HMRC in the UK.   The German bank sends an 'Ertragsausschüttung' once a year that shows the dividends that have been paid and credited to her German 'Girokonto'.    The 'Girokonto' statements show dividend payments at various times during the year; however, the annual total of these payments is in excess of the figure shown on the 'Ertragsausschüttung'. This is something of a puzzle to us.   Should she declare the figure on the 'Ertragsausschüttung'? Or should she go through all the statements of the 'Girokonto' and total up all the various dividend payments?   Comments and advice greatly appreciated.   P
  3. Visa for longer stays in Germany post Brexit?

    OK. For Brits (tourism) according to the rules that are presently envisaged (ie as for Australians and so on) no visa will be required for a 90-day stay in any 180-day period. I was wondering whether a stay in excess of 90 days (for any nationality) is possible with a visa; but from what you say this is not the case apart from students. Thanks again for the information. P      
  4. Visa for longer stays in Germany post Brexit?

    OK and thank you. Yes, it's all pretty vague. We'll be in the same category as US citizens, Australians and so on. It would be interesting to hear from anyone with knowledge of longer-stay visas. In the UK it used to be a minimum of 15 hours of tuition per week for language students. P
  5. If/when the UK leaves the EU, Brits will be limited to a stay of 90 days in any 180-day period in Germany. I believe the French offer a 6-month stay but for this a visa is required. Is a similar visa available for Germany? I'm not talking about work visas or student visas here.   Thanks in advance.   P