• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

40 Good

About psychonaut

Profile Information

  • Location Darmstadt
  • Nationality Hungarian
  • Gender Male
  1. Sonderkündigungsrecht under the Telekommunkationsgesetz

    Well, what's the worst that is likely to happen if I simply withhold payment for the month in dispute?  Will they bother sending a Mahnbescheid for what, to the likes of rich megacorporations and @Speakeasy24, is such a paltry amount?  Will they bother following through with a Vollstreckungsbescheid if I formally dispute the Mahnbescheid?  Can a German Vollstreckungsbescheid even be enforced in Austria?
  2. Sonderkündigungsrecht under the Telekommunkationsgesetz

      If you consider this amount of money to be so inconsequential, I'll gladly send you my bank details so that you can wire me the sum.
  3. Sonderkündigungsrecht under the Telekommunkationsgesetz

    The monthly fee is about €25.  Worth spending a few minutes arguing by phone or e-mail, but probably not using the legal system.
  4. Sonderkündigungsrecht under the Telekommunkationsgesetz

      Well, crap.  Do the rulings apply only to Bavaria and North Rhine-Westphalia, as the article suggests?  I was resident in Hesse so maybe the issue hasn't been adjudicated there yet (in which case it might be worth pressing the matter with Unitymedia).
  5. What's up with Hallesche? (No response to communication)

      Of course, you are right—it's only the "heavy" stuff (dental prosthetics, etc.) that I was referring to.
  6. I recently moved away from Germany and so terminated my contract with my Internet provider, Unitymedia.  I sent my Kündigung in mid-February, about a month before I moved in mid-March, and sent a copy of my new Anmeldungsbescheinigung as soon as I received it, in mid-March.  According to my reading of §46 ¶8 of the Telekommunikationsgesetz, when you move out of a telecommunication provider's service area, you are entitled to terminate your contract with three months' notice from the end of a calendar month:     Basically they are saying that my right to a three-month notice period begins only from the date of the move.  Even if I had notified them a full three months in advance of the move, they would expect me to pay my Internet bill for a further three months after the move.   I don't see where in the TKG that they are getting this additional condition.  Am I overlooking something?  Has this question been previously adjudicated?  Or are they just making up legal rules out of whole cloth?  Should I press this matter with them?
  7. What's up with Hallesche? (No response to communication)

      Well, @Starshollow said he was going to investigate but hasn't yet come back to this thread.  Perhaps this ping will serve as a reminder.   In the meantime, I might consult with some local insurance brokers to see if they're aware of any such plans.  
  8. What's up with Hallesche? (No response to communication)

      Austria, but after that, who knows?  Possibly back to Germany, or to France, or maybe elsewhere.  That's why we'd prefer to have a policy that will cover us regardless where in the EU we reside.  The policies we've seen are tied to residence in a certain country, and take several years for the level of coverage to rise to the maximum level.
  9. What's up with Hallesche? (No response to communication)

    Today, some seven weeks after we first wrote, we got an answer from Hallesche in the form of a phone call.  (And just in time—I was just about to write to the Vorstand today!)  They informed us that we could keep the dental insurance abroad only if we stayed on with a German Krankenkasse, which I'm afraid in our case is not possible, so they will be cancelling our contracts on the date we leave Germany.   @Starshollow, you mentioned that there are indeed international health insurances with dental coverage.  How would one go about finding such a plan?  Googling for "Zahnzusatzversicherung" in combination with various keywords like "weltweit" or "Ausland" seems to turn up only German plans that cover dental care during temporary trips/stays outside of Germany.  I need a plan that covers my dental treatment (but nothing else) while I am permanently living anywhere in the EU (or maybe even anywhere in the world).
  10. Getting an S1 for moving to another EU country

    According to the EU's official page on forms for social security rights, S1 is the current form that certifies one's entitlement to healthcare from another country.  The S1 replaces the E106, E109, and E121 forms, but some institutions still issue the old forms (which I presume remain valid).   I thought I'd post this information here because I'm in a similar situation.  I asked my Krankenkasse for an S1 and they gave me an application for an E106 instead.  It took me a while to figure out that the forms are supposed to be equivalent.
  11. Absolutely; it's only been six hours since I posted the ad.   I got your private message, and anyone else interested is welcome to contact me that way as well.
  12. We are seeking follow-on tenants for our 56 m² apartment in Darmstadt, located next to a park with a playground and just a 15-minute walk to downtown.  The apartment would be ideal for a couple or a small family.  It has a large balcony facing the southwest, a separate kitchen, a bathroom with a bathtub, two bedrooms, and a living room.  The kitchen and bathroom have tiled floors and the other rooms have laminate flooring.  The kitchen cabinets and appliances (washing machine, refrigerator, oven/stove, and microwave) can be taken over on agreement.  There is a large storage room in the basement and a covered, enclosed bicycle storage area.   The flat is in good condition, and the whole building was completely renovated in 2009.  The neighbours are friendly and quiet, and there are ample shopping facilities nearby.  Total rent is currently €784 (€554 Kaltmiete + €230 Nebenkosten).   Anyone interested can send me a private message here.
  13. Finanzamt - unknowing violation of visa

      Maybe. According to her profile, the OP has logged into Toytown in the past year.  If she's subscribed to this thread (which is the only one she's ever posted in) then maybe she'll respond.
  14. What's up with Hallesche? (No response to communication)

      I think the wording here leaves open the possibility that we can still be covered (albeit at a different tariff) even if we move abroad.   But if I'm wrong, or if the new tariff is too high, do you happen to know any dental insurance plans that will cover us regardless of where in the EU we live?  Occasional international moves are not uncommon in our professions, but we don't want to start over with zero coverage every time we move.