• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

130 Very good

About garyh911

  • Birthday 05/23/1951

Profile Information

  • Location Dresden
  • Nationality American
  • Hometown Brewster, NY
  • Gender Male
  • Year of birth 1951
  • Interests Travel, Gardening, German history, teaching English

Recent Profile Visitors

5,131 profile views
  1. Riots in Stuttgart

    Stuttgart is almost as bad as Berlin or Hamburg.  Surprised?   "Forty percent of Stuttgart’s 600,000 residents (or 60 percent of people under the age of 18) come from abroad, twice the national average.  "
  2. Buying property in the US / property tax

    Catjones is spot on!  Also keep in mind that the Realtor, since he is paid by the seller, works only for the seller.  He may help the buyer with the purchase but his legal responsibility is only to the seller.  The Realtor is like the Makler in Germany and will also take advantage of every "slight of hand" that he can so like the saying goes "Buyer Beware"  When you are referred to an attorney, a title company, building inspector, etc by the Realtor you can count on him getting a "referral fee"  from the company.  I usually never used the Realtors recommendation without thoroughly checking it out myself first.