Latest activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Heart attack at the age of 41

I don‘t make fun of Muslims or Jews for not eating pork. I have this thing about not eating horse or dog meat. It is what you grow up with. As far as I remember, horse meat was never anything I was offered in England. I don‘t know if horse meat is actually even legal there. Dog meat clearly not.   I worked in Hamburg in an office many years ago, in area, Harburg, with a daily market and there was a stand with Wurst of different kinds. Karsten, a German colleague , knew full well I would never eat horse meat. One midday, at the market, he said „ I‘ll get the sausages for us.“ What did I end up eating without knowing? It tasted strange, I didn‘t like it. Yep, horse meat. Such a stupid grin on his face when he admitted it. He wasn‘t 15 but about 45.   Bastard.
  3. President Donald J. Trump

Trump's frustrated-toddler behavior has turned the Oval Office into the Womper Room.
  4. Filing a tax return - help on how to file

Hi all, What if someone moves to Germany in December, pays everything themselves and get partially tax-free, partially taxed reimbursement from the company January the following year?   i.e. Everything paid in December (by the employee) Everything reimbursed in January together with the wage (by the company) BUT - 8000 euros are steuer und sozialversicherungsfrei - 2000 euros are -pflichtig. So netto is < 10000.   Are taxed 2000 euros claimed in the year X (as they are paid in this year) or the year X+1 (as they are taxed this year)?    
  5. No discussion on this "Box" before you bought the place?
  6. Heart attack at the age of 41

I disagree, horse is great, especially on the BBQ, or marinated and wok-ed, or smoked and/or dried as nag jerkey. Red rum Rouladen are great too .
  7. BSR container location for my house and neighbours.

This really all seems a fantastic way to get to know your neighbours and make new friends.  
  8. Today
  9. Drive there and back. Using Europ Car, pick up a Passat wagon in Verona on the 31st of July return on  2nd of August, kilometers inclusive, about 200 bucks...then take the train back...you might find a station closer, I just chose Verona for the convenience.    and, of course...leaving the country might be a problem. but you never know...
  10. Are you sure? Have you checked the Grundbuch for easements?
  11. Slack group for networking with Americans

so literally you need to be completely evil to join this and actually believe that the "big switch" actually happened?
  12. Brexit: The fallout

And it should be noted that yesterday's election of Ireland's finance minister as leader of the Eurogroup once again shows that, contrary to what UK red tops say, the EU is not run by Berlin, or indeed Paris.   Donohoe had the 4 largest economies of the EU against him but he triumphed thanks to the votes of the smaller nations. How much of a say do the smaller nations of the UK have again?!   https://www.wiwo.de/my/politik/europa/irischer-finanzminister-warum-die-wahl-von-paschal-donohoe-an-die-spitze-der-eurogruppe-bemerkenswert-ist/25993812.html?ticket=ST-1000725-xTJR7wLQkQeDmmXL2cTy-ap6
  13. I've just posted a silly photo

Maybe it's a toaster?
  14. Slack group for networking with Americans

I mean no Trump supporters. :)
  15. Black BAME and POC supporters of Trump

It's basically Puritanical.    It's an ad hominem argument on steroids. 
  16. Black BAME and POC supporters of Trump

It is about disempowering political rivals.   Eliminating racism is the marketing spin to convince the mindless mob to follow along.   Note that people like Justin Trudeau, Ralph Northam, Jimmy Kimmel, Sarah Silverman, and Jimmy Fallon have all dressed up in black face.    As long as they stay loyal to their political tribe, it is no problem.   
  17. I've just posted a silly photo

Why is the electric radiator smoking?
  18. Coronavirus

Another piece of disturbing news: a soccer player who tested positive in June and hence has been tested negative 3 times during 14 quatantine has been found positive again:   https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/three-new-covid-19-cases-one-a-football-player-who-arrived-from-serbia/
  19. Politics Gen XYZ

This is brilliant:    
  20. Dear all,  I recently bought a new car, and would like to register it. In the past, I could just walk into the registration office (Zulassungstele) and register a new car (albeit a waiting time). Apparently in the city I live (Pfaffenhofen) you can't do that anymore, you can only do it after making an appointment. However, the appointments are 2 weeks away.  I am wondering if there isn't any online regstration services. I did a quick google and came up with a few options. Does anyone have any experience with this? Regards,  Anita
  21. Heart attack at the age of 41

Probably better than horse meat Lasagne. I once tried horse meat - so I know what I´m talking about.
  22. Hallo there!  My situation: Non-EU citizen, resident in Germany since 5 years as a freelancer, have multiple clients.   I have a job offer for part-time (20 h per week) doing same activity as stated in §21 in the Zusatzblatt. Client unwilling to work with me as a freelancer but is instead offering yearly contract. I still plan to work as FL for the remainder of hours with my other clients.   AE Nebenstimmungen states "Sonstige Erwerbestätigkeit nur mit Zustimmung der Ausländerbehörde". Dropped a line to the ABH (won't go personally due COVID restrictions), no reply.    My Q (if anyone can help): Any reason for the ABH to reject my request? Should the ABH be okay with this, would this entail a change in visa/AE type? Other threads suggest that even if you work part-time as a FL while employed, your AE has to be changed to a FL AE.    Would appreciate any inputs.  Ta!  
  23. Car Hire or Transport - Riva Del Garda - Munich

Unfortunately, any one-way rental is going to be expensive, especially when borders are involved.   You might try one of the other ride-sharing sites, like mifaz.de, mitfahren.de, or drive2day.de.
  24. Load more activity