Latest activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. German beginner classes starting asap! Hello people wishing to start beginner classes right away! I have a couple of students waiting to form a group and begin lessons as soon as possible. There is space for two more students. (I can of course open more groups, if enough people are interested). How about you, would you like to join? Classes will take place on Mondays and Thursdays at 14 h. With 4 students, the price per person will be materially reduced compared to one to one classes. Still, the lesson will be quite intensive as the small number allows individual attention and at the same time, you have the advantage of mutual feedback and interaction. Write me directly for further details and course information: cosmopoliflor@gmx.de
  3. Oh dear...     https://thehill.com/homenews/house/439603-hoyer-impeachment-not-worthwhile-after-seeing-mueller-report    
  4. Oh dear...   https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385
  5.   B-b-but the Russian spy is still there!
  6. What do we need Car Friday for anyways?

Make sure you don't cause any noise since it's a silent holiday 😇.
  7. Today
  8. Hi Natalie, we are moving to Munich in the summer mid of July more or less and we are a family with 2 kids( 3yrs and 1yrs). As they are relatively young can I ask you many yrs of experience do you have with kids and old are you? Which availability do you have week and week end? Thanks! 
  9. What do we need Car Friday for anyways?

Are you sure it's not kehr friday?  I will be sweeping the steps tomorrow and cleaning the windows just in case.  Nothing else to do anyway, everywhere's closed.
  10. Buying first car up to 7000€

I had a honda jazz for 12 years 1.2L . The 1st 3 years I got it serviced at the dealers and after that I did it every 2 years at a local workshop. It had a 140000km on it when I sold it to a friend.It never ever broke down I changed the battery myself a couple of times. It had 2 recalls I think one of the front headlights  electrics and another for the airbag which are carried out by Honda for free at a local dealer. Its got  a chain so no cam belt expence, tyre wear is also excellent. I built 2 houses in the time I had it, it can fit an amazing amount of stuff in it with the rear seats layed flat u can also lift them up. I did mosty short trips 1km to kindergarten eachway and 7km to work. Fuel efficiency is excellent around 6.5 in town. One time I drove 340km using country rounds it averaged 4.4 l per 100km cost me 19 euro to refill when I got there. I also had 2 small kids everything fitted  pram etc and plenty of rear leg room.   Its a excellent reliable car I bought another Honda when I sold it.  
  11. It doesn't matter if a stock costs $3 a share or $3,000. It is only the percentage increase that counts.    I played with the "penny stocks" for a while years ago. There is usually a reason why they are so cheap.
  12. What's got you flummoxed today?

Ridiculous part 2: https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/45686084
  13. What do we need Car Friday for anyways?

Car Friday is only code for all stores closed. Nothing more.
  14. What do we need Car Friday for anyways?

Maybe its because car equals good?
  15.   Yes, just need to photoshop Arnold in  bathrobe and pajamas while replacing the machine gun to a DSLR camera with a large zoom lens
  16. Buying first car up to 7000€

I had an old Honda Civic and it held up really well.  I bought it when it was 10 yrs. old and had to scrap it at age 18, not because it broke down but because it had a very long list of minor issues to get through the TÜV and it was unfortunately not worth the amount of money for such an old car.   I now have a Dacia Sandero.  It's pretty basic, automatic, ac but no heated seats or ventilated, no parking sensors, cameras or anything like that.  It has a radio and can play from a USB stick.  It has bluetooth that connects to my phone.  The only think I miss on it would be cruise control.  Although if I had that, I'd probably miss parking sensors and cameras.  The more tech you have, the more you want.  A friend of mine makes a point of wanting nothing techie in his cars.  He doesn't even want ac.  He feels it takes away from the experience of hot summer days. 
  17.   Thanks so much for the tip! There will be another Hausverwaltung in a few months. I’ll make some flyers about the problem and send them to the fellow neighbors a couple weeks before the Hausverwaltung, so we can discuss the issue as a group. This give me some hope, thank you 😊 
  18. Stone Brewing in Alt Mariendorf, Berlin

Hit dogs bark. What is your problem? Did you invest money in Stone Brew? I don't care, keep imitating Trump, the evil "anti-Americanism" and the ignorant Germans are to blame for the lack of success. And "elitist" - my arse. Selling expensive beer is for the masses, or what?   
  19. What's got you flummoxed today?

Another ridiculous game..this time at Chelsea!!   https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/45686084
  20. Questions you have been afraid to ask... in case you look stupid

Is Weinsauerkraut safe for children? 
  21. Why are you unhappy today?

Pete finally got his Thai duck lunch!! Foot still bloody hurts, though..
  22. I'm selling our 5L Morphy Richards Slow Cooker from 2013. It's fully functional, but one of the little rubber feet is missing. Pick up in Parkstadt Schwabing.
  23. Stone Brewing in Alt Mariendorf, Berlin

yes precisely.  I remember when that sale went through...all these bud drinkers feeling conflicted about whether they could still be real 'Merikuns if they stuck with bud after it was taken over by a bunch of euro trash liberal commies (not my words, and I am paraphrasing of course)
  24. Murder of student Meredith Kercher in Italy

That is so bad it’s good. 
  25. Stone Brewing in Alt Mariendorf, Berlin

yes - their business model was not good.  as jeffo already pointed out,  not hard to predict the outcome from the start.   but their A-1 worst mistake:  their beer just isn't that great   but noooooo  - it's the silly old fashioned germans that took them down with their lack of...something.  It's a ruse.
  26. Murder of student Meredith Kercher in Italy

Only God and Simpson know who's guilty, but my opinion is that OJ killed his ex- and Ron Goldman. Old topical humor: Q: What's the difference between OJ Simpson and Christopher Reeve? A: OJ's gonna walk.
  27. Load more activity