Latest activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Why are you happy today?

Awesome!
  3. Now to tomorrow - a table is booked in the usual name Toytown for 19:30 at Jaipur Palace, Landshuter Alle 55 (corner Leonrodstr), 80637 München.   Nearest station: Rotkreuzplatz U1/7 and 12 tram, 53,62,63 bus.    1. ex-essex (Paul)  2. John  3. HughK  4.  coolerking...  5. Andi  6. GaborPaksi  7.   Please copy/paste the last list into the reply and add your name As Soon As Possible, at the latest 5 pm Wednesday.
  4. Why are you happy today?

Steuerberater predicts I'll get over 7k in tax back! *does happy dance* My tax advisors are not the cheapest, but every time they have got me back much more than expected. Worth every penny.
  5. Brexit / Applying for German citizenship

@SOS, spot on there. I think I have German tax records back to the 80s. Thought I might need them if I one day go back to England. Yes, silly me! 😂. Could be an expensive business if you can’t prove you have been paying tax somewhere. 
  6. Before alt-bicus tries to disrupt the conversation again, back to business:
  7. Now to tomorrow - a table is booked in the usual name Toytown for 19:30 at Jaipur Palace, Landshuter Alle 55 (corner Leonrodstr), 80637 München.   Nearest station: Rotkreuzplatz U1/7 and 12 tram, 53,62,63 bus.    1. ex-essex (Paul)  2. John  3. HughK  4.  coolerking...  5. Andi  6.   Please copy/paste the last list into the reply and add your name As Soon As Possible, at the latest 5 pm Wednesday.
  8. Odd news

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-48356266 This is charming..lady gets her stolen purse back after 10 years!
  9. Brexit: The fallout

More incompetence:   https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48351281
  10. Income tax declaration 2018

We had a better one, @sos-the-rope. Our landlord, a bank, does not supply the information until September, but should be aware of the tax implications. So, we called the Finanzamt to ask them how we should estimate. He said, "Don't estimate. I'll give you an extension until October." That was that. 
  11. Today
  12. Toytown website improvements/suggestions

I would of thought that misogyny would be covered by sexual orientation, but bow to your superior knowledge Oh Wise One. Accusing me of an anal fixation could be classed as disrespectful, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
  13. Income tax declaration 2018

I've faffed around with the interface a lot, I guess it's designed this way to make you pay for old data.
  14. Tell us more, Zero Hedge follower.
  15. Income tax declaration 2018

Can you access them from a laptop, or is it one that needs a phone app? 
  16. Income tax declaration 2018

Sometimes the feature is "hidden" is a collapsible area or different section, so look carefully.     Also, even if they aren't online they are usually available, you need to request them from your bank and be prepared to pay a fee.  
  17. Bitcoin - a decentralised digital currency

€7096 ↑
  18. Income tax declaration 2018

Depending on the bank, you can enter a date range  ( online banking - do not know about an app ) Alternatively, your bank can supply statements ( at a cost )
  19. Income tax declaration 2018

Time for tax fun!   I'll get us kicked off.   How can I get the figures for the "Nebenkosten" if I've lost the original letter and my landlord company is a right old shower?   Similar question in case the answer is "check your bank statements" - what if I only get these online, and the stupid banking app only shows a short time span?
  20. Brexit / Applying for German citizenship

Wow. Never shred anything to do with taxes in Germany. To be safe, anything with money involving more than a couple of yoyos.
  21. I know this thread relates to planning, and my question is partly planning so thought it was closest considering the information above from the wonderful Panda Munich. I took early retirement (allowed under the scheme I was in) and the % lump sum that was allowed at the time, several years before I moved to DE.  I have private health insurance (bad advice at the time, but thats another story), and I have never worked in Germany, so there is no German pension to apply for (not sure if that makes a difference). The pension I drew was paid in tax free for over 15 years I am due the state pension in 2023 and will probably have it paid to the UK bank account.    I *think* that the following is correct Pension income approx (gross pension - health ins) 20000€ therefore I am correctly not being taxed here on it, as the UK tax is higher, progression tax does not apply, as there is no DE income or pension to tax.   Assuming theat regulations stay the same as now, Do I get the Deutsche rente to apply for my UK state pension, or, can I apply for it myself and have it paid to my UK bank account?  Would a loss making rental house in UK affect the calculations?  If I made some self employed, kleine gewerbe income here in the next few years would that affect the taxation, I am thinking less than 5000€ a year total profit?   Edited to add, I am thinking that with the pension being from untaxed funds, it is not possible to move to DE tax, which would appear to be more favourable to me?
  22. Poor design. Ever tried wearing stillettos?
  23. It's possible the jobsworth didn't look very closely at what you submitted.
  24. It is already the end of May...
  25. Munich babysitters wanted

Looking for a “Leihoma” / an extra granny or auntie   We are a British-German couple looking for an open-hearted person who would like to make up for the lack of grandparents, aunts and uncles in our son’s life (we have family, but live too far away from everyone). Our son is 9 months old and we live in Munich-Au (5 min walk to U1/2, tram or bus).  You’d have time during the day once or twice a week for 2-3 hours each and are looking for a long-term commitment? Great! You’d be ok with cloth nappies and you’ve heard of baby-led weaning before? Even better! Please email us at ina.k.stewart@gmail.com  
  26. Load more activity