Latest activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. What made you smile today?

I might have been tempted to stick a pen in the crack. Or maybe start drawing a nice tatoo right hand side to it. Its bulging out so nicely waiting for a sun or a Winnie Pooh drawing.
  3. This week we have a Toytown reservation for 7:30 pm at Taj Krishna, Nymphenburger Str 193, 80639 München. Nearest station: Rotkreuzplatz U1/7 and 53, 62, 63 bus OR Neuhausen 12 tram. If the weather gods are kind to us we will sit outside on the terrace!    1. ex-essex (Paul)  2. HughK+1  4. Emma  5..    Please copy/paste the last list into the reply and add your name As Soon As Possible, at the latest 5 pm Wednesday. 
  4. Permanent residence for freelancers

What exactly do you find confusing? They've actually managed to explain it quite well.
  5. Jokes

My daughter just passed her driving test and asked me to buy her something cheap to run around in. So I bought her a pair of trainers from Lidl.
  6. What made you smile today?

It's a shame she didn't have a cigarette in her hand.
  7. Worst jokes ever

It's a tough job being a Custom's Officer, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up.
  8. Peanut butter shortage - help!

our local Penny has been out of PB for weeks, but the Netto ("orange Netto", not "Hunde Netto") nearby still has it.  I don't know if Netto has a different supplier or if Netto customers don't eat as much PB.
  9. Today
  10. Permanent residence for freelancers

I read this ( https://www.berlin.de/labo/willkommen-in-berlin/dienstleistungen/service.493516.php/dienstleistung/121864/ ), it says pension is a must, but then pension isn't required for freelancers. I'm a bit confused. Do I have to pay the pension back in order to fulfil this requirement? :(
  11. Brexit: The fallout

something to wake everyone up part 2:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA2EjAfVAcw&list=PLZyPqYz41qavAvZnwcfxvo2PAO8faOHuF&index=15&t=0s    
  12. Brexit: The fallout

something to wake everyone up:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2mrQ1Z73kM   Jeremy who? 
  13. Brexit: The fallout

he should be putting people to sleep in the EU parliament!
  14. I've just posted a silly photo

15. What made you smile today?

She can see a crack in the glass...  
  16. Random pointless comments

Long live Carpe Diem!
  17. Is BAMF violating the European laws?

Clearly, the member states can choose how to enforce/decide.
  18. Untrue (Alternative) facts

Computer password inventor Fernando Corbato dies at the age of 93.  His funeral will be held at *********** and will take place twice to confirm it's him.   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48988091  
  19. Permanent residence for freelancers

Dear all, I have been freelancing in Berlin as translator for 4.5 years with a freelancer visa. I don't have public pension as it isn't mandatory for freelancers. I just contribute the TK public insurance. I am getting married soon with my fiance who is an European citizen (non-German). I am thinking to apply for permanent residence once I reach my 5-year stay in Germany and wonder what's the best way to do. My questions are as follows and I would really appreciate your advice:   - Is public pension contributions required when applying for permanent residence in my case? - Are there categories under permanent residences? Do I have to choose whether I am applying for, e.g. permanent residence as freelancer / permanent residence for family reunion / permanent residence as an employed person, etc? Or it doesn't matter as long as I have been residing in Germany for 5 years? - Will I be entitled to do different kind of jobs with the permanent residence? (I am tired of being a freelancer and I am considering the possibility to look for a job once I have the permanent residence, if possible) Thank you very much in advance for your help!    
  20. Is BAMF violating the European laws?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directive_(European_Union)   "A directive shall be binding, as to the result to be achieved, upon each Member State to which it is addressed, but shall leave to the national authorities the choice of form and methods."   IMO, the results are quite clear in the mentioned European directives.
  21. Is BAMF violating the European laws?

There are no European laws, just directives. Each country has to translate those directives to local laws. Probably Germany has done it differently.
  22. Stephen Colbert suggests that Trump should 'Go to Hell'    
  23. Is BAMF violating the European laws?

Sorry for the late reply, but the notifications never work on this site.  (edit: ok, now I understood why. The emails from toytowngermany were marked as spam in gmail)   She comes from Camerun, English part.  But even if she came from Switzerland, it would not justify a 5 years delay. A refuse after 6 months would have been more polite and humane.
  24. What's got you flummoxed today?

Color me not surprised. They tried to sell me all kinds of sick shit while I was trying to organize burying my son. i.e. some of his ashes in a glass necklace locket. Gross!
  25. What's got you flummoxed today?

Of all the WTFs you've ever posted, hoops, that's the WTFiest.   Did they extract the metal for the jewelry from the teeth, too?  
  26. What's got you flummoxed today?

Want to remember your dear departed loved one, then how about having their teeth mounted into jewellery.  
  27. Load more activity