Latest activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Why are you unhappy today?

That was my dog when I was a kid.  He regularly disappeared and we had to go out and look for him.  Once he camped outside someone's house for 3 days.  I wanted to get him neutered but my dad got a pain in his testicles when I spoke of it so it never got done.   A friend of mine here in Germany has two male dogs and a female, none of them neutered.  He's like my dad with the issue.  I pointed out to him that it might help to neuter his younger male because he doesn't listen and gets agressive to their other male if the female is in heat but he just crossed his legs and whimpered.  
  3. Today
  4. Why are you unhappy today?

Poor bloody dog. I can sense how heartbroken you are over his fate. There are so many German rescue websites for Crete alone catering for adoption for many years already. Many dogs in my neighbourhood are rescue dogs from abroad, also several from Greece. Actually, it's rare to see a purebred dog here nowadays, many are mongrols.   I'm old enough to remember that during my childhood in Wales and later as an adult in England that dogs were allowed to roam free and copulated in the streets. Puppies and kittens were drowned in buckets etc. Kastration wasn't heard of in those days. We had a German Shepherd bitch in Devon, and whenever she came on heat all the male dogs in the neighbourhood beleagured our front and back garden, so that it was impossible to let her out for a wee-wee, so that I had to chase them off before I could take her out in our garden on the lead for a pee. Minutes later they were back again, at night even sleeping on our doorstep.    In our village in Wales I remember some dogs killed sheep and they were hunted and shot.    In the meantime in Britain and Germany laws have changed and owners of dogs are made responsible for the welfare as well as the actions of their pets. How did that come about? Lobbyism, probably. I don't know. I wasn't so aware in those days - although I always took care that my dogs didn't roam and during their heat season prevented copulation with interested dogs. In Greece and so many other countries in the world these laws are non-existant or simply not implemented.    It may seem harsh but if these laws existed or were implemented in Greece Agapios would probably have never been born or his breeders would be made responsible for his well-being.    On another note, dogs are so intelligent and of such valuable service to humans in so many areas (search dogs, service dogs for the handicapped, police dogs, hospice therapy dogs, dogs trained to detect diseases in humans etc.) that it is a crime that so many of them are treated as garbage. It makes me so angry. 
  5. Tax on loan

I am not trying to "dodge" the law. I just want to know what is the law so I don't get into trouble.    
  6. What are you listening to right now?

Any of who have indulged in psilocybin whilst listening to this band will maybe have experienced sound and colour together. So-called "purple music".
  7. Why are you happy today?

relevant well over a decade later.    I‘m happy because we are moving to a new office building with air conditioning. Just in time for warmer weather. 
  8. Why are you happy today?

Has he told us why he thinks Wales is not part of the UK nor Europe?... I may have " mist " it... 
  9. Why are you happy today?

Wanker...  
  10. Why are you happy today?

happy to help out SP  and hoops today
  11. Why are you happy today?

As blissful as an early summer's day!  Tomorrow more sowing, lawn repair, a new ornamental white stone border by the shed (to stop the mice who sneak in (had one on a shelf this morning)), then a return to the long postponed boat project! Thanks P for that little push!
  12. Why are you happy today?

Stripped down to the frame... Shot blasted and then sand blasted to give a better base for the Paint....     Nicely sanded, Pimed, then sanded again... Primed and then Sprayed with 2 pack Paint...   Loads of new parts ordered on line and already delivered...    Many parts cleaned.. filled and prepped...    Already been offered stupid money for it!!!..    Monday, Tank and side pannels will be delivered to the spray shop as I dont have a dust free place to do it here and they need to be top dollar!   Just glad its not a boat!!      
  13. Does Giuliani have the same make of mobile phone as Trump?   Rudy Giuliani‏Verified account @RudyGiuliani 7h7 hours ago ivesssapology for a video which is allegedly is a caricature of an otherwise halting speech pattern, she should first stop, and apologize for, saying the President needs an “intervention.” Are
  14. Why are you happy today?

I hope you read this when you are sober and realise just how 6yr old this is...   
  15. Why are you happy today?

I'm happy because after days of rain I got my planting done. My long awaited Bee Garden is sown and over a third of the veg seeds are in!   I have a very organised system of marking plots with seed packets. My dog liked it too, so much so that she stole a packet and I was chasing her round the lawn to get it back! :)
  16. What made you smile today?

DIY lock.  
  17. What are you listening to right now?

Tragic lawyer, Sydney Carton, from 'A Tale of Two Cities,'s song 'I Can't Recall' sung by James Barbour  
  18. Payout of private Rentenversicherung

Hello Toytowners,   I have a different question on this topic ( private Rentenversicherung ).    I have 2 different private pension insurances bought by my employer. 1st one on completion of 1 year with an annual on-going premium and  2nd one with a onetime investment (some kind of gift I guess).  I dont know further details on these, but both are called rentenversicherung and on both the Versicherte person (insured person) is me and the Versicherungsnehmer (Policy Holder) is listed as my employer firm. I have now quite my job and would be joining another company. My question is what would happen to these insurances ? can I carry them over and ask my new employer to contribute to these (from my salary) or can I close these and get the fund out?   I know these are specific questions and I am probably not providing exact details (like copies of the policy) but I am sure this must be a common practice in companies here so hoping other could share their experiences or knowledge on these private add pension insurances. Additional info, one of the insurance company is Gothaer and the other one is R+V.   All opinions, suggestions and tips welcome.   Br, O
  19. Brexit: The fallout

Point taken John. 
  20. No, the first one did not know of the first illness. I had been to the doctor for this once before my PKV consultation, got treated and thought no more of it so I didn't think of declaring it. I know this was a mistake and do not dispute this at all - no blame on the consultant.   The new consultant  would earn new commission by getting me on a new private insurance. If he cannot manage this and I get charged this high fee next month, who is charging me this? Does this mean I am actually insured by someone? Obviously I really want to get some form of insurance at this stage. I just want to be prepared for the outcome if I cannot get the letter from the doctors. I don't understand why I am not being offered the basis tariff but being told I have to pay this high fee if I do not get the letter. 
  21. Which past members do you miss the most?

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a chance.  But she's happy and healthy, bopping from country to country on short weekend vacations.
  22. Blue Card: Break between jobs

Many thanks @RPC and  @Krieg. I didn't get any notification from Toytown hence believed no one has answered to the query. I guess its kinda late but I would nevertheless go to Agentur für Arbeit and check.    
  23. What are you listening to right now?

24. What are you listening to right now?

Rush... Spirit of Radio...  Full blast coz I dont have neighbours!!!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuL_euRslTc    
  25. What's got you flummoxed today?

There definitely seems to be a crisis of hairdressers at Westminster.
  26. What are you listening to right now?

Love Mana      
  27. Load more activity