Other sites:  Austria · Denmark · France · Italy · Norway · Spain · Sweden · Switzerland · thelocal.de · englishforum.ch
Welcome to Toytown Germany, an English-language community website for Germany. Over 800 English-speakers are currently active members. Read the introduction, view the members map, or jump right into the discussion forum.
4,473 posts, 23:25 yesterday
I've had better luck with the rib eye from the supermarket butcher than the vacuum-packed supermarket stuff from Ireland. I also have a sous vide but it's self-contained and basically doubles as a…
9 posts, 22:46 yesterday
Thank you. Yes it is indeed unclear about what kind documents will be needed so at this point we are trying to collect as many documents possible that could help but it is still upto the discretion…
3 posts, 22:30 yesterday
Thanks. Yep, I did the very same, but could not find a straight answer to my questions, so I opened a new thread. Yes, I will be working solely as a freelancer, so there is no need for me to inform…
76 posts, 20:57 yesterday
Hepatitis A & B can be transmitted sexually, however, sex is not the only way to get them (Hep A can be transmitted through contaminated water and Hep B through blood transfusions). I got both of…
13 posts, 19:26 yesterday
In that case I'd say you may have to go for a three step search. Get a short term flat, look for something quick and ok while in there, then start looking for a place where you want to live in the…
2 posts, 19:14 yesterday
May one ask, how much does the Genossenschaftsanteil cost? My Genossenschafts-bank wanted about 50 € I think. Does it work the same as a Kaution, or is it additional to that? Happen one could get…
15 posts, 18:05 yesterday
You can have a patent, and license it for free to towns who follow your rules, and bounce business back to you. And enforce it on countries that are trying to hijack your brand. A patent will…
5 posts, 15:59 yesterday
...oh yes, and at the start of your conversation, ask how much they cost, and when they start charging. For example, I think it is unreasonable for them to charge you for the time you are providing…
2,019 posts, 15:33 yesterday
The salient question would be: "what is/was the criteria for determining recharge location sites"? I wouldn't be surprised to discover the use of a supercomputer to optimize all the possible…
2 posts, 11:40 yesterday
First of all is this a private seller? Is it simply a person to person sale on a social media webpage or a more regular sale out of a car lot. It is not illegal for people in the Auto trade to sell…
82 posts, 11:15 yesterday
Frankly, just when you think they can't do any worse, they do. My hair is an unholy unflattering mess. And gets ever worse no matter where I go. As does the hair of those around me. Think I will also…
39 posts, 03:28 yesterday
They were offered to get either one. My husband’s invite allowed him to get either one. And in typical German fashion, rather than doing something about it, they get pissed but do what the…
9 posts, 4 May
Hi guys Lots of nice info on this page which is exactly what i needed, i do have one question though. Does anyone know where i can find the rules regarding an unpaid internship (less than 15…
9 posts, 4 May
Brandenburg has now made it possible for residents under 60 to receive AstraZeneca through their doctors even if they do not belong to a priority group. As of now, the other vaccines are only…
4 posts, 4 May
I have bought B-Ware phones in the past without a problem. It's most likely a phone that somebody bought online and returned, didn't like it, buyers remorse or whatever. It's possible that it was…
12 posts, 4 May
That must be from several years ago, the whole area is now more or less completely built up, with no gaps. Typically Google Street View in Germany is very often years out of date, primarily…
2 posts, 4 May
Hi, In October 2020, I signed a rental contract. Unfortunately, I, along with landlord, missed an address typo in the rental agreement. The address should have been building number '5'.
4 posts, 4 May
Hi there, thank your reply. I kinda got to the same conclusion. It seems to me that I can just register as a Freelancer and get a TAX ID. I currently have an employee TAX ID, do you have any id…
3 posts, 4 May
@2B_orNot2B Superbly useful post, thank you. I'm having the worst time trying to track down the above documents. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction? They're on archive.org, but times…
5 posts, 3 May
This was a writing on the wall, specially when you hit an year which forces you to optimize costs. My experience is that companies will continue to own IT service management roles, Product owner…
65 posts, 3 May
We were asked to produce a letter from previous insurance with. " years of accident free/ no claims " listed. So, at some point in the application you may be asked about recent accidents.
765 posts, 3 May
Israel is now giving third (and if necessary, fourth) booster shot of Pfizer vaccine to people with weak immunity: HIV, patients on dialysis, and those who got organ transplants (in particular, lung…
1 posts, 3 May
Good Morning everyone! I hope you all had a nice May 1 (although the holiday fell on a weekend ) and are having a good start to the week. I need to renew my Ohio drivers license and need to get…
20 posts, 3 May
Hello Together, I also have problems in getting back my kaution money. In my case, I rented the apartment in 2017 and paid the kaution amount in two installament (transactions). Now, I handed…
8 posts, 2 May
Your kiosk guy is better than mine. He never told me I could book it online, just that it was supposed to be 56€ because the US only allows airmail right now apparently but surface mail would have…
92 posts, 2 May
Marmite and cheddar scones are fab, with maybe extra marmite spread on top. I thought I used a BBC good food recipe, but they are pinwheel, and I've never faffed about doing that, so anything on…
171 posts, 1 May
@LeonGThanks a lot. I had a meeting last week with the director. The agreement is: I don't give a Kündigung and stay in Kurzarbeit for next 2 months. Or if I give them notice I have to move 300 KM…
17 posts, 1 May
Thank you Wien4ever - that answered my question. I was a bit skeptical when my tax guy said I was a getting an $1800 refund this year because, in US $$, I definitely do not qualify for it. And, while…
30 posts, 30 April
It does seem like there is some criteria for getting the SI for some ex-pats who retired as residents in the EU but in my case I was told both by the German pension people and the DWP that I was not…
Read more: Latest forum posts »
The Local Germany
What does the UK
Sponsored

What does the UK's new 'traffic light' system mean for travel to Germany?

The UK government is bringing in a 'traffic light' system set of rules for travel to different countries. Here's what it could mean for travel between Germany and the UK.

12 mistakes foreigners make when moving to Germany
Sponsored

12 mistakes foreigners make when moving to Germany

When moving to Germany, you're bound to make a few Fehler (mistakes). Here's a dozen common ones to avoid.