is the traditional dress worn by ladies in Bavaria, Southern Germany. The men traditionally wear Lederhosen
. Together, Dirndls and Lederhosen are known as Tracht
Here are some recommended shops for buying a Dirndl in Munich:
- Pat's Boutique (now known as ReSale!)
- Leder Fischer in the Sendlinger Str.
- Holareidulijoe http://www.holareidulijoe.com/
- Wiesn Tracht und Mehr has secondhand ones in the Rosental location: http://www.wiesn-tracht-mehr.de/
- Loden Frey
- WEDAHEX Tracht
- Trachten Peteranderl
- Kleidermarkt im Tal: Kleidermarkt in Tal street (across from Coffee Fellows) for used clothes. Covers 3 stories or something like that. i got two great brandname jackets there last year for â‚¬15 each.
and Galeria Kaufhof
- These two big department stores stock up with Dirndls and Lederhosen during Oktoberfest time. You can often get them cheaper here than at the more specialist shops.
- Make sure you check on the internet auction site eBay.de
, the German version mindyou, not the American eBay.com
. Last time we checked (during Oktoberfest time) there were over 200 items listed under "Dirdnl". Or even "Dirndl". Actually, if you're going to Ebay you'll want to try dridnl, drndlz, drindl, dirndel, dirnedl, derndel, and many other variations on the theme...
This page has been viewed 27,302 times.