Availability of grade B maple syrup in Germany

I can only find grades A and C

Pages: 1 2

Short Corner
Anyone know where I can find some? All I see is grade A and grade C.
PES
Why do you want B?
Owain Glyndwr
different grades are useful for different types of cooking. A is light and useful for dumping on pancakes etc, B is a medium and better if you want to use it as glazing or a sweetener. C grade is better for baking.

Don't forget the US uses different grades for its maple syrup than Canada, the grades I mentioned are Canadian grades. (I haven't actually seen US maple syrup in Munich, only Canadian, though)
highered
I think I've seen grade B maple syrup at dm.
Owain Glyndwr
If you want American Grade B, you should look for Canadian Grade C Maple syrup, which is readily available.
Brennz
Geez I am Canadian and I didn't even know that.

Did you try Melody's Canada at Jahnstr. She might have it.

Now if I could just find some AAA Alberta Beef, that would be the bomb.
Carm
(I haven't actually seen US maple syrup in Munich, only Canadian, though)
cuz Canada make something like 80% of the World's Maple Syrup, to technically, American Real Maple Syrup (not Aunt Jemima crap) is harder to find!

the grading is explained in wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_syrup
Renia
Some of the BIO/Vitalia type markets also stock different grades.
greenshake
Yep, I just picked up a bottle of Ahorn Syrup from my Bioladen ... they have all 3 grades. Go Bio ... it's good for you.
seth17
Any other places besides Bio carry it? And I don't care what kind, I just want to dip my pancakes once in a while...(Just don't want the drink syrup they try to convince me is good for pancakes UGH!)
Owain Glyndwr
Rewe usually stocks maple syrup.
seth17
Thanks, Guess I need to go to "town" to the BIG Rewe
Owain Glyndwr
I've seen it in the small ones as well.
6784kqe
how about mixing A + C to get B ?
brookeb
Hi TT,
Just bought acorn syrup at Aldi but its so thin! where can I get american style pancake syrup in Berlin... ???
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.