English translations of "Ich mag dich" - Germany

German for "I like you"

karoline237
Hi! Ok I'm a little confused... I have a German friend who I like a lot. And I told him that I like him (as basically more than a friend)... and he said back to me, "Ich mag dich auch." But how do you know what a person means when they say that... couldn't it mean 'I like you as a person' and also more than that?? LOL Like couldn't he just mean that he likes me as a person and thinks I'm nice or something?? lol How do you distinguish between the two?? Help would be great. Thanks!
meikeerik
I don't know - how do you distinguish between 'I like you" as a person and "I LIKE you" in English. Not really a language question, is it? Just FYI, "Ich mad Dich" in the butterfly in he stomach meanng of it is usually followed by "Ich hab Dich lieb" and ideally graduates to "Ich liebe Dich".

P.S. Considering that most German men don'r usually run around and proclaim who they like or don't likw "as a person", he probably LIKES you, too.
eurovol
I like you too is what he said. If you are fucking him and he says this, then stop fucking him. Start fucking him again when he says "Ich hab dich Lieb" which means he has loving feelings for you. Give him all the blow jobs he wants when he says "Ich Liebe Dich!" and means it. Then you know that you are in the pink, or rather, he is in the pink (your pink)!
Lifeisabuffet
Hi! Ok I'm a little confused... I have a German friend who I like a lot. And I told him that I like him (as basically more than a friend)... and he said back to me, "Ich mag dich auch." But how do you know what a person means when they say that...
That one is pretty simple to figure out. He wants to sleep with you.
sea-king
Or just bang the brains out of you, whatever!
worm
I thought the translation was ' I fancy you'
sarabyrd
Related topic: Ich habe dich lieb v. Ich liebe dich
z-man99
Ask him to clean your house/apartment.
Then you'll see how much he cares about you.
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.