Jobs for Americans without a work permit - Munich

Info on bars and shops that hire illegals

LindzeyElise
Are there any stores, restaurants or pubs known for hiring people without work permits. Or, are there any known for sponsoring someone for a work permit. I can't get a job without a permit and I can't get the permit without a job. What can I do?
AUSPete
I think you may have trouble getting a work permit without some specific skill or profession that is in demand. Please someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that when a company sponsors someone for a work permit they must state that they could not find a German or other EU citizen to fill the role. This would be a difficult to prove in a restaurant or cafe.

If you are under a certain age (not sure how old) I think you can get a working holiday permit for 6 months or so.
KingBilly
Getting a job as an American
Apply to the US embassy and see if they have any vacancies looking for people to play the role of an American
YorkshireLad6
Are there any stores, restaurants or pubs known for hiring people without work permits.
Yup - loads. Everyone relishes the very real risk of a €10,000 fine for employing illegals.

I can't get a job without a permit and I can't get the permit without a job. What can I do?
Go home? That's what the authorities would prefer you did, unless you extend your visit on a student, tourist or even aupair visa. You generally need to apply for these from outside the country in the first place...
bluedave
Giving the OP a bit of a hard time here aren't we?

There are bars here who are more than happy to pay cash and i'm sure waitressing jobs too.

If, however, you want a full time job then you are probably gonna have to go the rigmarole that we all do of registration etc etc
Conquistador
I think you may have trouble getting a work permit without some specific skill or profession that is in demand. Please someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that when a company sponsors someone for a work permit they must state that they could not find a German or other EU citizen to fill the role. This would be a difficult to prove in a restaurant or cafe.

If you are under a certain age (not sure how old) I think you can get a working holiday permit for 6 months or so.
The US isn't a participant in the working holiday visa program, so that is not an option for the OP here in Germany.

Yup - loads. Everyone relishes the very real risk of a €10,000 fine for employing illegals.

Go home? That's what the authorities would prefer you did, unless you extend your visit on a student, tourist or even aupair visa. You generally need to apply for these from outside the country in the first place...
I think US citizens and citizens of some other countries can apply for these visas while in Germany.

We don't know the OP's personal situation and why she wants to do this, but I think in most cases living marginally in Germany doesn't make much sense for a US citizen. To the OP- don't work here illegally- it's too easy to get caught, you are unlikely to make much money, and there are a whole host of attendant problems, such as getting health insurance that will crop up for you. They will deport you if caught, which can happen a number of ways. BTW, the US and Germany share tax data with each other, so you can imagine what minefields that can present for someone here illegally...
triumph bob
Is this a wind up? Bugger off and come back when you actually have a clue.
Conquistador
TB, if you have some advice for the OP, help her out. BTW, I have met some Americans who did get deported from Germany after working here illegally, so it does happen.
YorkshireLad6
Seems to me it was advice and sound at that, albeit rather succinctly put.
fraufruit
It's basically the same as a foreigner getting a legal job in the US. A paperwork nightmare if you can get a work contract to submit.

I tried once years ago and was told "No". I said fine and that I would continue working black and walked out. They didn't appear to want any tax money from me.

I am not suggesting that you do anything illegal.

ff
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.