Jobs for non-soldiers on U.S. military bases - Germany

How to get work at a base near Stuttgart

Pages: 1 2 3

sirchirol
I'm an American who's looking to get a job on base at one of the big US bases in Stuttgart, either Vaihingen or (Möhringen?) other. I'm willing to do about anything as I've lived here for about 4 years and would enjoy being "in America" a little bit aside from my normal job. Money is not a real issue nor is the actual job. I'm also going to get a Masters in Security Studies starting in Fall so more contact w/ the military would also be interesting and helpful.

Are jobs only available to military family?
Do I need some security clearance?

Any help is very very appreciated!
Genie
Sounds like your best choice is breaking it level with them. Come up to the guard at the gate, tell him

"Hi, my name is Osama. All your base are belong to us."
esma
not funny

to young man ,would you be interested working with housing office in Boeblingen, Panzenr Kazerne, they need sometimes new people, mostly Germans work there. you must speak fluent German and English and have your own transportation.as I've seen there is German ladies,working as "rieltors", I guess making good money, by the way how they have nice cars
if you interested let me know, we can meet somewhere and go find out about jobs for non-americans
Nicole
not funny huh.gif

to young man ,would you be interested working with housing office in Boeblingen, Panzenr Kazerne, they need sometimes new people, mostly Germans work there. you must speak fluent German and English and have your own transportation.as I've seen there is German ladies,working as "rieltors", I guess making good money, by the way how they have nice cars wink.gif
if you interested let me know, we can meet somewhere and go find out about jobs for non-americans
He IS American, so he can work where he likes if there is a position available.

Here are a few places to check AAFES

Civilian hire Europe

NAF positions

It's not that easy to get a civilian job, but working for AAFES doing food service or at the PX, there are usually quite a few openings. If you work over a certain number of hours per week, I believe you are entitled to an ID card too.
The position at the housing office Esma talked about, is for an ID card holder only.

Here are this weeks openings:

BK looking to fill vacant slot
Burger King has an immediate opening
for a food service worker for Monday to
Thursday from 3-8 p.m. No experience is
necessary. Position pays $8.96 per hour.
For more information call Tammy S.
Krome at civ. 0711-720-3129 or e-mail
kromet@aafes.com.

Language instructors needed
1st Battalion, 10th Regiment Special
Forces Group (Airborne), seeks foreign
language instructors for Pashto, Dari, and
Urdu languages. Excellent pay. Send re-
sumes to natalia.lundvall@eur.army.mil.

Housing hiring bilingual help
SKE Support Services GmbH seeks appli-
cants for on-call, off-post housing inspec-
tors. Must be bilingual (written and verbal
in English and German), customer-orient-
ed, flexible, dependable, U.S. ID cardhold-
er and have own vehicle.
If interested e-mail at Housing@ske.eu
or doris.schuhmacher@eur.army.mil, or
call 387-3362/civ. 06221-4380-3362.

AAFES hiring for many jobs
Army and Air Force Exchange Service
has immediate openings for the following
positions:
• Senior store associates at Panzer Shop-
pette (applicants must be 18 years of age
or older);
• Food activity foreman for Anthony’s
Pizza/American Eatery (split) on Patch
Barracks;
• Custodian at the Panzer main store;
senior
• Accounting associate at the Panzer
main store;
• Senior sales associate for the Furniture
Mart on Robinson Barracks;
• Warehouse worker at Patch Shoppette;
• Theater workers for the Patch The-
ater;
• Food service workers at Charley’s,
Popeye’s and Pizza Hut.
kromet@aafes.com.

Help needed for care program
Choctaw Management Services Enter-
prises seeks qualified candidates for home
visitor positions in the Stuttgart New Par-
ent Support Program.
Send resumes to shannon.healton@eur.
army.mil or fax to civ. 06202-80-6586.
For more information, call 379-6593/
civ. 06202-80-6593.
Odenwalder
There's on issue not yet raised. You've been here for 4 years and haven't had the support of the US forces. Do you have a residency permit? A work permit? Have you held a job on the German economy before? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you are not eligible for a job under the US system. Any job that you apply for "on-post" must be applied for under the Local National system. Not to say that you won't get a job under that system, but right now there is a hiring freeze for LN positions due to the RIF (reduction in force) that is taking place. There are several hundred LN employees that have to be moved from bases that are closing to bases that are not closing. We can't just "let them go" because of the SOFA.

If you do not have a residency permit, work permit, or have not worked as a German before (and not been back to the US for at least a year if you have), you can apply under the US system. Make sure that your RESUMIX (online resume) is in order and apply for jobs that you are qualified for based on your resume.
leky
Actually there isn't a hiring freeze for LN Positions (at least not here), but (nearly) all positions are temporary, pending placement of RIF candidates.
Depending on your circumstances (see Odenwalders post above ref residience permits etc) you could try Ponds Security they are always hiring and you might find it interesting if you are doing security studies.
kato
Wow, Ponds' requirements ("born in a NATO country") are tighter in that respect than NATO itself (which requires "NATO country citizenship" for its positions).

Interesting that they don't quote the Manteltarifvertrag (9.4 €/hr) in most offers either.
sirchirol
I really appreciate so much help. I wasn't aware of any of those websites nor the rules. I'd met a soldier once who said he could help me find a simple job serving food or something but he never got back to me and I couldn't find much on the Stuttgart army websites.

I'm married to a German and thus have a residence/work permit and of course can support myself outside of the base as I have a normal job anyway. I speak English and fluent German but I'd prefer to be around Americans, which is the entire idea!

I also dont have a car so it's all sbahn for me.

@Leky: Security Studies is basically as subfield of Political Science, i.e. I'll be doing international conflicts, national security and defense etc. It looks like Ponds is just security guards. But thanks!

This has been a real gold mine of information. I cant thank everyone enough! I'm going to look through it and see about applying for a part time job somewhere. Thanks again!
Odenwalder
have a residence/work permit
Well, that counts you out for any job that would provide you with an ID card, SOFA status, and logistical support. You can try under the LN system and see what is available there but those could be really part time because of the RIF.
gophomaxx
http://www.uso.org/whoweare/findyourlocalu...ations/#Germany
Someone who wants to help with the USO could go to these locations and volunteer. I don't Know if they pay.
Time2kayak
Genie...Too funny love it...
nads1
He IS American, so he can work where he likes if there is a position available.

Here are a few places to check AAFES

Civilian hire Europe

NAF positions

It's not that easy to get a civilian job, but working for AAFES doing food service or at the PX, there are usually quite a few openings. If you work over a certain number of hours per week, I believe you are entitled to an ID card too.
The position at the housing office Esma talked about, is for an ID card holder only.

Here are this weeks openings:

BK looking to fill vacant slot
Burger King has an immediate opening
for a food service worker for Monday to
Thursday from 3-8 p.m. No experience is
necessary. Position pays $8.96 per hour.
kromet@aafes.com.

Language instructors needed
1st Battalion, 10th Regiment Special
Forces Group (Airborne), seeks foreign
language instructors for Pashto, Dari, and
Urdu languages. Excellent pay. Send re-
sumes to natalia.lundvall@eur.army.mil.

Housing hiring bilingual help
SKE Support Services GmbH seeks appli-
cants for on-call, off-post housing inspec-
tors. Must be bilingual (written and verbal
in English and German), customer-orient-
ed, flexible, dependable, U.S. ID cardhold-
er and have own vehicle.
If interested e-mail at Housing@ske.eu
or doris.schuhmacher@eur.army.mil, or
call 387-3362/civ. 06221-4380-3362.

AAFES hiring for many jobs
Army and Air Force Exchange Service
has immediate openings for the following
positions:
• Senior store associates at Panzer Shop-
pette (applicants must be 18 years of age
or older);
• Food activity foreman for Anthony’s
Pizza/American Eatery (split) on Patch
Barracks;
• Custodian at the Panzer main store;
senior
• Accounting associate at the Panzer
main store;
• Senior sales associate for the Furniture
Mart on Robinson Barracks;
• Warehouse worker at Patch Shoppette;
• Theater workers for the Patch The-
ater;
• Food service workers at Charley’s,
Popeye’s and Pizza Hut.
kromet@aafes.com.

Help needed for care program
Choctaw Management Services Enter-
prises seeks qualified candidates for home
visitor positions in the Stuttgart New Par-
ent Support Program.
Send resumes to shannon.healton@eur.
army.mil or fax to civ. 06202-80-6586.
For more information, call 379-6593/
civ. 06202-80-6593.
Please can someone tell me if you are an employee of a British Company working on US Base for the US army can you send your kids to the US school on base. please confirm soon.
nads1
hi please can some one tell me if you work for a british company as a contractor to the US Army on Base, can I send my kids to the school on Base even though I will be living off base.
Nicole
If it is a British company then I think you will be considered a Local National. It's very unlikely they'll be able to go to the schools on base. It would have definitely been something that would have been mentioned in your initial contract negotiations. Do you have full ID card privileges and come under SOFA? (Status of Forces agreement) or do you just have an ID card to get you onto the base. Even if you do have SOFA, schooling for contractors kids costs Approx $18,000 a year per child.
smokeyalien
Unless you are working directly for the american gov as a civil service employee or are a member of the military you do not get to put your kids into the american school system. The 2 exceptions are if you are a dependent of one of the above or you are a contractor and your company (or you) foots the $19k bill per child.
Pages: 1 2 3
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.