I am an Australian Engineer who has been working in England and Germany for the past 12 months (the last 6 near Bonn). I have just accepted a new posting near Pasing in the west of Munich. I have been there twice before and it didn't look like a bad place to live, but it is not exactly what I am looking for. Can anyone help me form a short list of places to check out when I arrive?
I am looking for...
1) Somewhere very quiet
2) High average income (i.e. nice houses/apartment buildings and no problem parking a nice car on the street, yes I realise that Munich is not Newcastle )
3) Not many foreigners (not that I don't like my fellow Australians and I do love a good Döner but I would rather live with Germans while in Germany)
4) Good transport to Hbf and Pasing (transport to Hbf is more important than Pasing as don't know where my GF will work when she joins me in a few months)
5) An area close to the Englische Garten would be great.
6) A central area would be a plus...
7) ...but not if it is invaded by drunk Italians/Americans/Brits/Aussies every September.
8) Price does not matter so much
Thanks for your help