Film and television industry jobs in Berlin

Info on companies, suggested contacts, etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

steve bream
My name is Steve bream, a Englishman, at present living in Berlin, I am looking for a job at the moment, I am a very experienced art department member, having worked on large films for a few years now I seek work on commercials and films in Berlin, working as a designer on commercials and an art director on films, I have a great c.v should anyone want to see it please contact me stevebream1@aol.com .
Cate
Hey all - I'm trying to find the best way to get into the film scene here, as in, industry folk, preferably.

Looking to do an internship/job that pays a little somethin', doesn't have to be a lot.

I speak German, but not elegantly.

thoughts anyone?!

thanks!
Cate

Topics merged by admin
UrbanAngel
Working in which area? 3DFX? Lighting? Acting? Catering? Sound technician? What are your qualifications/experience?
majura
Hi,

Thought I'd expand the list

I've been living in Berlin for just under a year learning German and been doing a few odd jobs in the summer/tourist season. However my main field of interest is in Media.

I have a B.A. (Hons) in Recording Arts and am generally interested in Film/TV Audio Production and Post. I'm also experienced with music recordings etc.

I'm currently still learning more German but will be starting to apply for internships etc... working from the bottom of the ladder etc soon, unless of course anyone needs an Audio Engineer soon??

Cheers,

Simon.
Simmie
Been looking at internships and some at MTV Germany are right up my street - literally exactly what I've been doing.

One thing... They are obviously advertised in German, and I can understand them just a little bit (without Google Translate)... Is it worth me even applying? Will fluent German be a necessity?
xagudo
Hi All,
I´m a filmmaker living in Berlin for 2 months now. I am shooting soon my Thesis Short Film for a Master´s degree and I´m looking for people to collaborate. At first I´m looking for a German producer or someone fluent in German to help me get the project rolling, but eventually I will be looking for crew to get on board. Being a student short film I won´t be able to pay a wage, but hopefully develop a proffessional relationship for future projects. So drop me a line to estranged@equisweb.net if you´re interested!
SKershaw
well, it helps to speak german not only for your professional but social life as well... embrace and enjoy it... it will help you understand the culture and will give you a personal "winning" achievement that will boost your confidence... plus with that special accent that will be noticed, you automatically are graced with "charm" and the social understanding that you arent a german native and can get away with breaking a few social rules and customs... its adventagious... at least in a city like berlin and/or this particular industry...

try registering on xing.com... there are several groups that cater to this arena, i am a panel member of berlinfilmforum and have regular meetings with many people in the entertainment biz... there are several projects always going on and there are a lot of opportunities out there, but you do have to be patient and search... it is quite different than the creative arts biz in north america... but definitely worth a shot... give me a shout out and ill try to help you best as possible.
xagudo
Well I had no response from my previous post, but I try again. Here you can find a link to my current:
http://www.equisweb.net/theline.html
I´m still assembling my Crew, so just drop me a line if you´d be interested.

Greets!
Koolik Visuals
Hello everyone, my name is Aaron. Im currently a freelance editor and video artist working out of Detroit MI. Im planning on moving to Berlin around Sept/Oct to further pursue my career as a live video artist. Essentially i create experimental video art and mix it live at parties. Some friends of mine who already live in Berlin are going to be getting me gigs - but in the mean time, i want to spend the summer researching possible employers in Germany since im guessing that im going to need additional income. This seams like a cool forum, and im currently looking through all the links everyone has posted thus far.

If anyone is down - ive posted some samples of my live video mixing below. Look forward to future conversation on this board

LIVE VIDEO MIXING SAMPLES
Seth Troxler Save the Cannibals Video Mix
Seuil Ibiza Voice Video Mix Part 1
Seuil Ibiza Voice Video Mix Part 2

OTHER WORK
My Own Demo Reel
Move D Video Flyer

Below are some video stills of my visuals - i have more posted in my album

Attached image
Koolik Visuals
Hello everyone, my name is Aaron. Im currently a freelance editor and video artist working out of Detroit MI. Im planning on moving to Berlin around Sept/Oct to further pursue my career as a live video artist. Essentially i create experimental video art and mix it live at parties. Some friends of mine who already live in Berlin are going to be getting me gigs - but in the mean time, i want to spend the summer researching possible employers in Germany since im guessing that im going to need additional income. This seams like a cool forum, and im currently looking through all the links everyone has posted thus far.

If anyone is down - ive posted some samples of my live video mixing below. Look forward to future conversation on this board

LIVE VIDEO MIXING SAMPLES
Seth Troxler Save the Cannibals Video Mix
Seuil Ibiza Voice Video Mix Part 1
Seuil Ibiza Voice Video Mix Part 2

OTHER WORK
My Own Demo Reel
Move D Video Flyer

Below are some video stills of my visuals - i have more posted in my album

Attached image
schnoidl
Hi, my name is Sheldon Drake, just moved here early March. I'm an After Effects artist with a little 3D, loads of NYC broadcast experience, and also a capable AE teacher with several years college experience. You can see my reel on my website at sheldondrake.com

I'm also a little bit of a music composer; there's a one hour ambient piece there called novameria, that I did as background music for a DVD of yoga for new mothers, and a few other original electronic music pieces.

You can also see a ton of abstract paintings, and hear several hours of DJ mixes.

as soon as I work out my insurance it seemed like my visa and work permit will be no problem, so I'll be looking for motion graphics and perhaps teaching jobs (English only); any suggestions appreciated.

thanks!!
jadeV
Hi,

My name is Jade, I am an Australian girl (28) moving to Germany in late February with my German boyfriend.

I work in Television as a Production manager and junior editor. I have just finished up 2 years with a great Production Company in Melbourne called H2, but I have also done freelance work with MTV, Channel [V] and worked on a few shows including the comedy 'Thank God You're Here'.

I only speak very little German but will put in the effort to learn as quickly as possible.

Does anyone know of any English speaking production houses?

I would also like to meet new friends over there that are into similar projects.

Give me an email sometime: jadevansanten@hotmail.com
Simmie
Just a bump to ask who in this thread has actually got proper work now in the industry?

I'm filming football for a living at the moment and it's great, but it's not for television which is what I want to eventually do.

Looking for runner jobs to do in my spare time, sending out all my applications in the next few days.

So who here has been successful?
boxer
Simmie, that's so cool - must beat a mini-job washing dishes into oblivion!
Bet you never thought you'd have such a good transition when you set off from Aberdeen...
Congrats, and great to see all your hard work and determination has paid off.
PS: There are so many negative stories about no work, failure and desperation on TT Berlin - someone should start a thread about success - invite people to share their success stories and top tips. Maybe I'll do it myself if no-one else does...
fredg
Here's a new site we recently set up:

http://www.berlinfilmnet.de

It's a networking site for berlin filmmakers (jobs, events, profiles etc), mainly aimed at the low-budget end of the market....

Cheers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.