Insurance claim on prescription eyeglasses - Germany

Advice needed for flat insurance

Dudette
I am preparing to make a claim on our flat insurance for prescription eyeglasses that were lost in an unplanned Isar dunk during a flossfahrt. Friends have said I must word my claim carefully in order to get reimbursed, ie, lost eyewear may not qualify for replacement. Any advice? I have already experienced one claim rejection when a friend's child accidentally broke our digital camera during a visit. Insurance co. said I had to claim it on the child's parents' insurance.
Elfenstar
well the thing with the child's parents insurance is that they should pay for what their kid broke. that is why most if not all german's have haftpflichtversicherung or liability insurance. i accidently stepped on bf's glasses and my liability insurance covered his repair, but i had to file the claim.
do you want to make a claim on your renter's/home owners insurance or your liability insurance? i know my renter's insurance covers me from loss of household items due to theft or fire or whatever, but i know my deductible would be too high to make it worth it for me to try to claim a lost pair of glasses against my renter's insurance.
i do not think my liability insurance covers me from damage i did to myself. now if you threw your wife/husband in the river and she/he lots his glasses, then...
bludger
It is pretty shocking if these friends don't INSIST on paying for what their kid broke.

As for the insurance claim, I have no idea other than ringing up the insurance company and asking.
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.