Danish pastry "Te-Birkes" in Schellingstraße - Munich

Real Danish baking, just like in Denmark

seatown
Well, despite Munich has a variety of good and less good restaurants and shops, it fails to provide some home feeling for the Scandic ex-pats. I have until now not found any Scandinavian restaurant, and i definately sometimes get the craving for some "Smoerrebroed" and Danish Style Hotdog.

But today i discovered that my local baker in Schelling strasse 107 hat put a sign in the window "Vi bager hver morgen friske danske Te-birkes", which means he makes one of the nicest kind of pastries "Te-birkes". I had to check them immidiately, and they in fact taste exactly like the danish kind you get fresh from the baker on weekend mornings in Denmark.

Attached image
pootle
Do meatballs at Ikea count??
seatown
I would say if one of my swedish brothers would say the Meatballs is tasting like typical swedish food, like Korv med Mos, Jansons Friselser, pytt i panna eller Surströmning. Then yes it would count as typical swedish food.
kim
I went there around lunchtime, as I live nearby. I missed the Te-birkes though, as somebody bought the last ones two minutes earlier. Anyway, please post here if you should find other Scandinavian food in Munich (apart from the food shop at IKEA).
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.