Germans are the brainiest in Europe

Average national IQ scores

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

dstadt
From The Times Online: Germans are brainiest

A new European league of IQ scores has ranked the British in eighth place, well above the French, who were 19th. Britons have an average IQ of 100. The French scored 94. But it is not all good news. Top of the table were the Germans, with an IQ of 107. ... populations in the colder, more challenging environments of Northern Europe had developed larger brains than those in warmer climates further south. The average brain size in Northern and Central Europe is 1,320cc and in southeast Europe it is 1,312cc.
Attached image
Dafydd
They are also very punctual. Gotta love 'em
Pas
Definition of IQ and general guidance to ability

Now if you trust the general guidance to IQ a lot of this article doesn't make sence. Are we really sure the average undergraduate IQ is 109? I feel really intelligent if it is. Strikes me the article is bollocks.
Tom34
...and schools are only till noon, just how do they do it.

Mrs Tom34
slateberry
But they do start at 3 in the morning least that’s what it feels like some times
Allershausen
...and schools are only till noon, just how do they do it.

Mrs Tom34
They stay at school until they are nearly 30!
EmptySuitcase
The article says that higher IQ comes from bigger brain size, and bigger brain size comes from proteins and vitamins, that is: meat. Let me tell you what I think. If those statistics are true, the secret is: SCHWEINEFLEISCH. Hackbraten. Leberkäse. This and that...
ceogero
Definition of IQ and general guidance to ability

Now if you trust the general guidance to IQ a lot of this article doesn't make sence. Are we really sure the average undergraduate IQ is 109? I feel really intelligent if it is. Strikes me the article is bollocks.
"Sour grapes"?
koshary
Well, if all what they do the whole day is to put the verb at the end of the sentence and keep reconstructing the sentences at the speed of light I tell you they gotta be the smartest
Hutcho
When the average German goes to school for 20 years, they'd damn well better be the smartest..
Allershausen
You shouldn't, however, confuse knowledge with intelligence.
Sanwald
They certainly hide it well (not always,just a lot of the time)
Serenissima
The article says that higher IQ comes from bigger brain size
Well, if that were true then you could argue that women were on average less intelligent than men, given that women are on average smaller than men and therefore have smaller brains. But we don't want to go down that road do we?
Sanwald
Argue?...That's true isn't it?
Lifeisabuffet
Well, if that were true then you could argue that women were on average less intelligent than men, given that women are on average smaller than men and therefore have smaller brains. But we don't want to go down that road do we?
Oh, macho men are gonna love that one for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.