Stigma attached to going to an FKK club - Germany

Is there any, or part of normal German culture?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Lost in Transmission
FKK clubs seem to be unique to Germany - Is going to a FKK part of "immersing yourself in the local culture" ?

Discuss
Jarek
what is FKK?
tor
frei körper kulter... so nekkid! beaches, bars, what have you.
Playa1
Going to an fkk beach or the sauna is a completly normal thing and could also be considered part of Gernman culture. Many, if not most, Germans have done it at one tme or anoher, I believe.

An fkk club, however, is something totally different. Normally this is just a "bordell" were everyone walks around naked. Culture... I think not.
lazybum
If you are feeling a bit podgy, I recommend a visit. You will feel instantly slim again!
Janx Spirit
Going to an fkk beach or the sauna is a completly normal thing and could also be considered part of Gernman culture. Many, if not most, Germans have done it at one tme or anoher, I believe.

An fkk club, however, is something totally different. Normally this is just a "bordell" were everyone walks around naked. Culture... I think not.
You should read up a bit on that and maybe visit a FKK-Verein. It is most certainly NOT just a "Bordell" (brothel) in fact the opposite.

Hinter der Freikörperkulturbewegung stand – jedenfalls in Deutschland – eine Lebenseinstellung, nach welcher der nackte Körper kein Grund für Schamgefühle ist. Die Nacktheit der FKK sollte nicht das Bedürfnis nach Sexualität ansprechen.
The ideology behind the nudism movement - in Germany anyway - is a way of life in which the naked body is no reason for feelings of shame. FKK nakedness should not illicit a sexual response.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freik%C3%B6rperkultur
Matt T
Don't confuse an FKK Verein with an FKK club!

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bordell

Playa1 is quite right - an FKK club doesn't have a lot to do with FKK. It's just a strip-show/brothel for people who need an excuse.
Janx Spirit
Verein is just the German word for club so I guessed (incorrectly?) that Playa1 actually meant Verein but didn't know the word. I am sure there are clubs/Vereine that do not follow the the ideals behind FKK and use the word as cover for an illegal brothel, but this is not what FKK is about.
MollyB
LIT, sounds like the board needs some research. I'll give you a couple of addresses, you'll have a project to fill your evenings, and then you get back to us with your definitions of and experiences in all the different options, ok?
Scogs
lol there are 2 types off FKK club.
1 is definitely borderline bordello
2 is just a place to be nakid

I am not sure how you can tell the difference, generally though if a FKK club has rules for children is just a "get your kit off place"
if they have web links on adult sites then its likely a knocking shop
MollyB
The price might be a giveaway as well.
Rosswag1959
If it costs 60 -100 euros to get in then you are at a brothel...
gentle jim
These are just hookerstops for fat germans with small peckers.Don`t go to them,unless you are into that kind of thing.Germans have a weird relationship with being naked , I see the old geezers strutting around my local gym waving there wee tackle and looking all fat and pink...bloody wierdos if you ask me.Would be different if they were built like Hercules with a tool to match,but germans are not.My word of advice be naked at home,and look at yourself in the mirror,unless you get a kick out of wierdos side glancing you every minute.
Lorelei
FKK nakedness should not illicit a sexual response
This is the part I just can't understand. We're talking about (1) adults and (2) adults from a Western culture. If nakedness among adults was common and non-sexual in Western culture, then fair enough. But in a culture where it's so often associated with sex? Unless the men who go to nudist events are left cold by the photographs of naked women in the Western media which are designed to titillate men, it's hard to imagine that they don't get something out of seeing naked women in the flesh (even if it's confined to their minds). It's difficult to suspend disbelief far enough to accept that all adults with that kind of cultural background can just switch off like that and go to nudist events with the purest and most prepubescent of outlooks. Some may be able to switch themselves off and regard each other entirely innocently, but can you be sure that all of them will be like that? Plus, the argument that nakedness = egalitarianism is difficult to believe too. Just as in the animal world, there's got to be some kind of pecking order.
Eleanor Rigby
You're right, not everyone can control themselves. Some might become aroused in such situations just like some might become aroused in a crowded ubahn surrounded by fully clothed people. How can you stop a person from fantasizing about you? I don't know, don't leave the house I guess but I'm certain donning a bathing suit isn't going to do the trick. Do you really think that teensy bit of fabric is going to make any difference?

The argument you make is the same as the one people make for wearing burkas and hijabs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.