American-style dating versus British-style

Which is the better way of doing things?

13 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Last »

worm
american dating - blind dates with all kinds of nutters. lots of 'rules' and etiquette as to the correct way of doing things...but also the ability to go out with lots of people at once which does have a certain appeal

british dating - go out with mates. get drunk, have sex with random stranger or someone from work. wake up- decide whether you like them or not then go for a second date marginally more sober and see if you can stand each other

I am dreaming of the day when we brits adopt the multiple dating part of the us version and i can begin a proper harem with no threat of having my balls chopped off
MonksTown
Done British dating up until now, going on an American date next week.
frizzyjen
I've never done the American way of things... to be honest think I prefer the Brit way. Keep things simple and everyone knows where they stand!
Katrina
British-style forever, apart from people from work. Never have, never will, that's just a complete NO for me.
wahoo
As an American I HATE the dating style, especially in the D.C. area. Brit style much preferred.
Ruthie
Haven't really experienced the British way. The Americans don't, however, sleep with everyone they date! It's okay to go to dinner with multiple girls, but once it gets serious that's over. I guess the American way is complicated to someone who doesn't know it, but if you are familiar with the system it seems much more straightforward than the no-rules, no guidelines kind of stuff that happens here. I once went out a lot with a German guy. I was absolutely convinced he was gay and we were just hanging out. Ooops, that was an embarrassing misunderstanding.
worm
Done British dating up until now, going on an American date next week.
what do you define as 'going on an american date'? - you mean you're going to take someone out for a meal for precisely 3 times before having sex with them?

will you screen them beforehand to check their salary?

will you wear very high-waisted trousers and a polo shirt and jump up every now and then punching the air shouting 'woo! YEAH!'?
BattalionBoy
I prefer doggy style dating myself.
BattalionBoy
I didn’t know about this difference until I dated an American and when I french kissed her and fondled her tits she slapped my face. Are you supposed to wait until you are in bed together or something? What is the etiquette here?
MonksTown
what do you define as 'going on an american date'? - you mean you're going to take someone out for a meal for precisely 3 times before having sex with them?
will you screen them beforehand to check their salary?
It is a bit like that actually, three dates that are relatively respectable, then a Wies'n visit together and then...
Already checked, he has a job.
Know a little bit about his background. That's what the puff mafia is for.

jump up every now and then punching the air shouting 'woo! YEAH!'?
That depends how much effort he puts in.
Moonboot
What is the etiquette here?
good question, what exactly is the etiquette in American dating? I understand one can date several people at the same time, then eventually choose one to go 'steady' with. are the others that one may simultaneously be dating ok if you're getting jiggy with another one??

think I'd find American-style dating too confusing really, dating one at a time is enough work for me!
mrbrain
So what's German style dating?
worm
wouldn't it be really gutting if you're dating lots of girls but they're each also dating lots of guys, and you really fall for one of them, but because she's got all these other guys trying to woo her she falls for someone else? at least in the british version you can feel (perhaps mistakenly) that it's mostly only you taking a crack at the prize
worm
So what's German style dating?
that's when you turn up to some poncey club in your bmw, flick your highlighted hair at some chick and then you go back to your apartment to wee on each other
MonksTown
at least in the british version you can feel (perhaps mistakenly) that it's mostly only you taking a crack at the prize
At that particular moment. [s]Unless you play football for a Yorkshire club and then not even that applies.[/s]
13 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Last »
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.