Where to watch televised American football - Berlin

Bars that show NFL and college games on TV

Pages: 1 2

altmanvenicebeach
Anyone tell me where I can watch NFL football in Berlin? I'm a Minnesota Viking girl...but just being able to watch the games would be great. Thank you! Robyn
drock1120
I purchased NASN which is an american channel. I got ESPN and also the sports network, so I get football 24/7.
jtw
Which ESPN is this? Presumably not the principle ESPN shown in the states?
Roman_from_Toronto
It is the ESPN Classic. Older sporting events (lots of boxing, tennis, Olympics)
jtw
Belushi's and Salamas also show games.
ronk
Hi. New to Berlin and anticipating football-withdrawal this fall. Could someone tell me where Belushi's and Salamas are?
jtw
Belushi's Bar is in the St. Christopher Inn, Rosa-Luxemburger-Straße 41, right by the Volksbühne entrance to the Rosa Luxemburg Platz U-Bahn station.

Salamas is in Friedrichshain (U Samariterstraße).

They'll have the games on NASN, so you can get the schedule of what's available on http://www.nasn.com/

There may also be something on Sky, but I haven't checked.
ronk
Thanks jtw!

I'll definitely check out one or both of them. Belushi's is closer to me. Any thoughts on which is a nicer place? I found Belushi's website, I guess they're a British chain, which could be a good or a bad thing?!

I also read that the Old Emerald Isle near Kottbusser Tor shows american football. Any truth to that rumor?

Anyway, I'll probably be at one of them on opening weekend. Anybody want to join?
jtw
I've been to Belushi's for cricket, lacrosse and hockey. It's attached to a hostel so it's full of expats and backpackers. I find it comfortable. The beer selection is decent and the food is passable. The one downside is they don't usually turn the sound on. I only tried asking once (at 2am on a Thursday night, when half the people in the bar were me and a bunch of Canadians watching the NHL and the sound system was full of techno music) and the guy claimed not to know how to do it.

I've never watched a game at Salamas, but I did recon there. It feels much more like a "Lokal", not very inviting to outsiders. OTOH, people who have actually gone there for games say the proprietor is friendly and accomodating once you get inside.

I also read that the Old Emerald Isle near Kottbusser Tor shows american football. Any truth to that rumor?
We watched the NFL conference championships and Super Bowl there on Sky. I don't have the impression they get NASN though. My experience there is that they'll typically put the sound of the game on in the back room, and it's fun when a few people turn up for it (my last time there was an England-Australia match from the Cricket World Cup). The bar staff aren't too enthusiastic about UK/US sports, though. We actually had a waitress launch into an unsolicited monologue about how boring American Football is during the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl.
Otto the Great
I and my 15-year-old son have just moved to Berlin for a year. While we're not entirely parochial about our sports (we have Hertha season tickets, for example), we are interested in seeing American college and pro football and are wondering about the prospects for doing so in Berlin (aside from the internet). Our special interests are the Oregon Ducks and the New York Jets (an unlikely pair, I realize), but we are interested in general information as well.

Topics merged by admin
MarkL
Check out: http://www.myp2p.eu/
Otto the Great
We are, unfortunately, a Mac family, so myp2p.eu won't work (Windows only).
MarkL
A lot of it is done through flash players. Last year most of it was through Sopcast, which is Windows only, but over the NBA playoffs I was seeing less of it. It's worth checking out. Look through the forums on game days.

Other than that, go to NASN's website and see what games they are showing. Then go to Belushi's and they'll put it on for you. Great place to watch a game, but there might not be sound.
http://www.nasn.com/content/nasn/portal.ns...tent/tvschedule
Otto the Great
An expatriate's dream--both of my teams, the Oregon Ducks and the Jets, are on NASN this weekend. I've emailed a couple of places (Oscar Wilde, Belushi's), but would be interested in hearing about places that are likely to be showing these games (especially in Kreuzberg or Schöneberg). Thanks.
jtw
The one place I know in Kreuzberg that used to show the NFL was The Old Emerald Isle. It's now re-opened as Murray's Irish Bar; you might want to call them and ask.
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.