Legalities regards Peyote (psychoactive cactus) - Germany

German laws about Lophophora plants and seeds

Pages: 1 2

floriduh
In the United States, peyote (Lophophora williamsii) is illegal, but my understanding is that it is legal in many other countries.

Is this species of cacti legal in Germany?

Thanks
PES
Why you you ask?

Do you want to sell it at the Oktoberfest?
Freising
You could have used google.de and found out that:
The plant is legal but mescaline is not. Therefor owning the plant might be a problem too. At least using peyote for consumption is illegal.
floriduh
Why you you ask?

Do you want to sell it at the Oktoberfest?
That's kinda weird that you researched my other posts to come to that conclusion. I feel like I'm being confronted.

No, I am not selling it at Oktoberfest. I'll be too busy drinking beer. Besides, I wouldn't exactly plan on traveling overseas with a bag full of anything that's illegal in my country. I'm sure I fit somebody's profile at the airports.

I ask because I'm curious. If there's a head shop in Munich, I would consider buying a few buttons.

You could have used google.de and found out that:
The plant is legal but mescaline is not. Therefor owning the plant might be a problem too. At least using peyote for consumption is illegal.
Doh! I was using Google.com! Weird law. I think parts of Canada have the same type of laws.
PES
Take no offence. My Papa use to trip on Peyote as a philosophy professor at University of Reno (Nevada) back in the '60s. He would call my mom up at night (while tripping) and say, 'I am the lion, you are my lioness.' Otherwise he would read Kant all the time.
luvlein
AFAIK the plant is not illegal, but "abuse" and extraction of certain substances is.
If a peyote is found in the apartment of a drug user or alongside a collection of information about mescaline, it will most likely be considered as an offence against "Betäubungsmittelgesetz".
If you are a law-abiding citizen and don't know a thing about drugs, you should be safe.
floriduh
Take no offence...
None taken. Funny story, though.

AFAIK the plant is not illegal, but "abuse" and extraction of certain substances is.
Does this mean it is available for sale in specialty shops?
luvlein
Does this mean it is available for sale in specialty shops?
No, I don't think so.
eurovol
There is a reason that duh is on the end of his name. As a fellow SECer, I am glad to see that they are finally admitting it. Go Vols!

Take no offence. My Papa use to trip on Peyote as a philosophy professor at University of Reno (Nevada) back in the '60s. He would call my mom up at night (while tripping) and say, 'I am the lion, you are my lioness.'
Koo Koo Ka Choo.

*I would love some shrooms or some peyote right about now. I need to take a trip without leaving home.*
miwild
... it will most likely be considered as an offence against "Betäubungsmittelgesetz" ...
BtMG

Der Erwerb, Handel und Herstellung von reinem bzw. angereichertem Meskalin sind laut BtMG verboten.
Der Besitz des lebenden Kaktus ist legal, so lang er nicht als Betäubungsmittel verwendet werden soll. Getrocknete und zubereitete Pflanzenteile jedoch sind illegal, da dieses dem Tatbestand der Herstellung eines Betäubungsmittels bzw. von Zwischenprodukten entspricht.
eurovol
So, if a piece falls off and dries up because you don't have a green thumb means that you are toast?
luvlein
Not quite.

A dead peyote is not guaranteed to bring you into trouble, and a living one is not perfectly safe to have.

It depends on the mood of the involved prosecuting attorney and judge and the skills of your lawyer.

From BtMG Anlage I (zu § 1 Abs. 1) (nicht verkehrsfähige Betäubungsmittel):

"Organismen und Teile von Organismen in bearbeitetem oder unbearbeitetem Zustand mit in dieser oder einer anderen Anlage aufgeführten Stoffen sowie die zur Reproduktion oder Gewinnung dieser Organismen geeigneten biologischen Materialien, wenn ein Missbrauch zu Rauschzwecken vorgesehen ist."

(emphasis mine)

BtMG
sami_loveclub_hamburg
Actually is there anywhere that gives a run-down of the laws regarding various drugs in Germany..? Like I hear there are tolerances for small amounts of weed etc, but that it varies from city to city etc etc.
miwild
... it varies from city to city etc etc ...
It varies from judge to judge ... nothing to do with different cities

Gesetz über den Verkehr mit Betäubungsmitteln (Betäubungsmittelgesetz - BtMG)

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/btmg_198...R106810981.html
floriduh
Are there head shops in München?
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.