Memorial poems for a wedding (in German)

Suggestions wanted

Pages: 1 2

erdbeere
Ok now that the menu is pretty much taken care of I need to find/ write a memorial poem for our wedding. I don't even know if this is done here, but there are some loved ones we would like to pay tribute to at the wedding. I tried searching google but considering I don't even know what it would be called in German, I had no luck. Any ideas?

We thought of you with love today.
But that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday.
And days before that too.
We think of you in silence.
We remember how you look.
Now all we have is memories.
And your pictures in our book.
Your memory is out keepsake.
With which we'll never part.
God has you in his keeping.
We have you in our hearts..

and

Today we remember
that loved ones are missing today,
Ones our hearts hold on to,
As we travel along life's way.
Loves ones who made life so special,
for all those who gather here,
Ones who won't be forgotten,
But cherished from year to year.
And now as we pause to remember,
Let us all fondly recall,
how dearly each of us loved them,
and oh... how they loved us all!
UrbanAngel
Hint: don't announce it or write it on any kind of service programme as a 'memorial poem' as it sounds like it's a reading at a funeral!!
Edit: ok so it is some kind of macabre reading.. hmm. Ignore me then.
frizzyjen
Do you mean you want the above poems translated into German or you were wanting German poems that would be suitable to read at a wedding? Or have I completely misunderstood what you've asked???
erdbeere
Hint: don't announce it or write it on any kind of service programme as a 'memorial poem' as it sounds like it's a reading at a funeral!!
Edit: ok so it is some kind of macabre reading.. hmm. Ignore me then.
It will be going on a memorial candle that will be up at the altar and then placed near the guestbook at the reception

Do you mean you want the above poems translated into German or you were wanting German poems that would be suitable to read at a wedding? Or have I completely misunderstood what you've asked???
I'd like either or but translating poems never seems to work out so great, so maybe a german poem that is similar
Keydeck
Erdbeere, when is the wedding and will all the TTers who've helped you out with all these arrangements be invited to the reception?
erdbeere
its july 28th ... and no Although I am a firm believe of the more the merrier, we're broke, so the VIP list is very short
sarabyrd
Wedding etiquette (UK) - wedding cake

It is common to keep a number of portions back for people who were unable to attend the wedding.
Keydeck
I think they might be dead, Sara.

The fruit cake is chosen because it can keep for much longer than sponge or other cakes and will seldom if ever go mouldy, thus allowing it to be sent to people who couldn't make it to the wedding.
I don't think even DHL will handle that one.
erdbeere
I think they might be dead, Sara.
I don't think even DHL will handle that one.
lmao yep... no cake for these loved one i'm afraid. I would have said loved ones who have passed, but I thought 'Memorial Poem' gave it away.
erdbeere
bump...any ideas?
BadDoggie
Umm... pay for a wedding planner and get everything sorted without resorting to a dozen threads and bumps?

woof.
Yeti
At irish weddings you usually get a number of loved ones who pass out, is this the same?
Keydeck
Ah bless. Little fanta-fuelled feckers running around the place, Sweet fucking Caroline being butchered by a second-rate band, poxy Chicken Kiev, the best man and the bride's brother knocking seventeen shades of shite out of each other and the free bar taking the hammering it deserves. Gotta love a proper traditional Irish wedding.
Yeti
Not to mention the sartorial elegance of having shirttails and the left hand side of the shirt front sticking out from under an otherwise perfect suit.

Ties can only be worn as methods of execution or torn sideways in a brutal display of sartorial elegance and devil may care. These ties can of course never again be opened.

Extra points for leaving the makers tag on the sleeve.
erdbeere
Umm... pay for a wedding planner and get everything sorted without resorting to a dozen threads and bumps?

woof.
Ig uess if we could afford it we would have considered going that route...then again, probably not because Germans (and I am assuming german wedding planners) have totally different wedding ideas than I do..and quite frankly, they are crap. So I'll post and bump as I like.
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.