Are these Brutto (gross) or Netto (net)? - Germany

Expected salaries as specified by jobseekers

joska
I was browsing through the 'Stellengesuche' section of the website meinestadt.de and looking at the profiles of jobseekers. I could see many of them have provided an entry for 'Gehaltswunsch' and i wonder if it is in Brutto or Netto . Any thoughts ?

http://www.meinestadt.de/deutschland/stell...uche?category=4

(No i am not an employer . I thought this is a good way to get an idea about what to ask for during a job negotiation )
Rilana
Normally always brutto.
Punchbear
Hard to tell, tradtionally theyre Brutto, but I wouldnt know what kind of salary any of those positions linked to would command. So I had a look-see in my area and I suspect that they are Netto as I cant imagine an artworker looking for 1700€ a month gross, theyre like gold dust at the moment (after the trend of design students all concentrating on new media, print-versed designers became a minority). And what this guy is looking for sounds about right for a net salary for a web designer. Or it may be that theyre undercutting in a competitive market. Hard to tell.

Maybe try registering and placing an ad, an indication should be given if your Gehaltswunsch is Brutto or Netto.
joska
and I suspect that they are Netto as I cant imagine an artworker looking for 1700€ a month gross,
I too suspect that these are netto figures as many of the Gehaltwunsch are incredibly low for a Brutto figure.

Maybe try registering and placing an ad, an indication should be given if your Gehaltswunsch is Brutto or Netto.
I considered this but placing an ad attracts a fee from the site.
Any one already have experience in this area ?
Wheel
Tried Payscale? There's another one but can't find the link ATM.
joska
Just tried Payscale. And liked it. They provide a resaonably good salary range comparison report.
atinherne
Hey everyone!

Please allow me to hopefully not annoy the ones that know about this...

So I had a great job interview yesterday and now I was told they are willing to pay 2500 b, agency asked me what was what I wanted to make, I said 1600 nett (?) ... anyways what do I need to be asking to make 1600 free of every tax? I am "married" or should I say partnership same sex union, wont pay church tax. Can I provide any more info so you guys can help me?

Thanks!
the.frollein
Congrats on the good interview. Try filling out this form to find out how much netto you get from the brutto they're offering.

I had a go for you, and came up with this - but there is some info you need to input that I obviously don't have (age, Steuerklasse and a few other things).
atinherne
hey! how nice are you!
Thanks for making the calculation! there are things from the form I dont really know but I think I will be averaging what I need or so I think...
ojdg
Note though that, until the High Court overturns the current tax law, your are NOT married for tax purposes...

(unfortunately, because it can make quite a significant difference!)
atinherne
Right I understand taxes for us are not taken the same
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.