Nude weight training in Amsterdam

Butt naked and toight like a toiger

Pages: 1 2

jml
Are your work out clothes cramping your style? Does your thong cut off your circulation mid squat? Does that spandex top interfere with your ability to flex your pecs to their maximum potential? Well, never fear your worries are over, *sincere* nudists can now get buff in the buff...where else but in Amsterdam. Curious and/or creepy ogglers need not apply.

Full story at CNN: Gym lets members get buff in the buff
Katrina
Why oh why did I know that if anyone was going to post that, it would be you dear heart.

Hope that they have sanitiser spray & paper towels in excess - sweat on stuff is bad enough in clothed gyms. *blech*
Moonboot
*groo* got an awful image of all them nudey chaps doing lunges and squats.
and just where are you supposed to keep your IPOD whilst training??
Elfenstar
and just where are you supposed to keep your IPOD whilst training??
don't you have one of those fancy armband things? i do
MadAxeMurderer
Call me a pervert (a lot of people have) but I think women look particularly nice when covered in a gloss of sweat, and with their muscles all tensed and happy. Add nudity to that and it sounds a very pleasant combination. Of course it would probably be 90% men. Nude men are just well disgusting.

The story was filed by the correspondant in Amsterdam, but Hetern is actually about 50km away. Its close to Arnhem, or Nijmegen.

I'm sure you have to sit on your towel whenever sitting, so hygeine really isn't an issue. How is it different from a sauna?
Batson Creek
Well, in a sauna you sit still (generally). In a gym, with all the running and squat thrusting, the bodily juices could go anywhere.
Moonboot
don't you have one of those fancy armband things? i do
no, I'm not posh! I just shove mine in my pocket
parnell
Used to be a very famous bodybuilder - Dave Draper who during the days of muscle beach at it's height was said to train nude.
Think it's sort of a good idea for folks who want to cut fat - u see the bits which jiggle and get to see exactly what works. Not so good for heavy exercises - also bare skin with wraps = burns so power movements not so good.
MadAxeMurderer
Bodily juices everywhere??? Men don't really generate bodily juices unless they're very excited, and I'de rather surprised to hear women are dripping merrily in this situation.

Mind you I guess some women would miss the support of a good bra while doing their squat thrusts?
jester
I'm fine with nudity but the thought of someone doing bent over rows wouldn't exactly appeal to me first thing on a Sunday morning
Yeti
Nothing wrong with nudity but I can see it seriously cramping a man's style when doing pressups on a cold concrete floor. (Okay, I've only trained in downmarket gyms)

And that Nautilus machine for your inner thighs ? "Come on, give me another 15 peek-a-boos". Hmmmmm.
Moonboot
wonder if they offer gym classes too, cuz, for example, am thinking in a crowded nudey yoga class this "Dancer's Pose (Natarajasana)" position should probably be avoided.

Attached image
SmugLarz
From the source story, the gym in question is in Heteren, which is NOWHERE NEAR Amsterdam.

Closest town is Nijmegen.

Shame really
Didsbury's Daftest
no, I'm not posh! I just shove mine in my pocket
No one's stopping you. Each to their own.

Mind you I guess some women would miss the support of a good bra while doing their squat thrusts?
And some men could find their additional support quite useful (Jake the Peg, deedle eedle eedle um, with my extra leg, deedle eedle eedle um...)

Attached image
jeremy
Saw a woman practising yoga naked on Starnberger Lake years ago. Hmmmmmm.
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.