Cheapest way from Munich to Düsseldorf - Germany

Suggested cheap travel options

Pages: 1 2

cabbagefairy
Hi,

Ok I now have a super cheap flight (7 euros) to london from Düsseldorf which is where I have to go anyway to get my working holiday visa.

Thing is the train I found to get there is at least 100 euros, does anyone know of a bus or cheaper option?
minga
You can take the night train on 16th at 22:40 hours. Discount price starts from 29EUR for sitzwagon. If you book early (possible online) you can get the discount fares.
righter
Try Mitfahrzentrale.de. Prices from about €30 I think.
Small Town Boy
Train fares are half price if you book a return ticket. Otherwise Mitfahrgelegenheit is indeed the cheapest, albeit scariest, way to travel around Germany.
Dafydd
Don't go it's shit...
cabbagefairy
I only need one way as we fly to london on the 18th. Don't really mind what day we go actually the 16th will be better even if it means sleeping on our bags for a few nights somewhere.
willum
Don't go it's shit...
It´s not that bad, but then I like Altbier...
Darkknight
Try the Budget Airlines, or even Lufthansa. Sometimes thay have cheap deals within Germany.
butler_helen
Hi,

Ok I now have a super cheap flight (7 euros) to london from Düsseldorf which is where I have to go anyway to get my working holiday visa.

Thing is the train I found to get there is at least 100 euros, does anyone know of a bus or cheaper option?
you bought a plane ticket before getting the visa? so surely it takes a few weeks to get a visa so you need to go from munich to Düsseldorf to get the visa appication, then back to munich to wait til you get it, then back to Düsseldorf to go? or have i got it wrong?

Train fares are half price if you book a return ticket. Otherwise Mitfahrgelegenheit is indeed the cheapest, albeit scariest, way to travel around Germany.
I only need one way as we fly to london on the 18th. Don't really mind what day we go actually the 16th will be better even if it means sleeping on our bags for a few nights somewhere.
the ticket is half price, who cares if you dont use the return?!
cabbagefairy
na same day if u go there, i got my aupair one same day too. oh this is going to be so fun!
butler_helen
cool. so with whom did you get the 7euro flight? and flying into where?
cabbagefairy
ryanair, stansted i think not too sure dont raelly care...no wait might of been gatewick. i dunno..our train is 64 euros each i think, not sure jamies booking it.
righter
Ryanair - Stanstead (if this is the flight). Oh dear, so that means you are not actually flying from Düsseldorf (as Ryanair dont operate from here) but from Weeze, which is 75 Km north of Düsseldorf, and conveniently called Airport Niederrhein (Düsseldorf). Good luck finding it!
If you go by train, then change at Ddorf Hbf and jump on the Niers Express towards Kleve. Weeze is 70 minutes along the way. You then have to get on a minibus which takes you about 7km through some countryside before you find the airfield (which used to be RAF Station Laarbruch, by the way).
TroyBoy
I went from london stan to (Düsseldorf) Weeze last xmas, there is a bus service that operates from out the front of Düsseldorf main station that takes you direct to the airport (its set up by Ryan air) its cost about €8 and takes around 45 mins to an hour. I think they run them on the hour. From that moment on I told myself I will never fly with Ryan Air again.
butler_helen
RyanAir rarely fly from regular airports, even to Milan they fly to about an hour from the city centre. It is a pain in the bum cos getting to and from the airport just begins to add to the cost of the 'cheap' ticket. Although Stansted to London by train isn't too bad? around 25GBP? have look on www.thetrainline.co.uk for a better estimate.
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.