Prada outlet and The Mall - Florence, Italy

Info and advice on going for a visit

Pages: 1 2

Bubble Gum
I am going to Florence for the first time and I really want to go to the Prada outlet. Has anyone ever been there with the train/bus and can give me tips? Has anyone been to The Mall? Is it worth a visit?

Thannnnnnnnks in advance.
perdido
After you see David first! You knew I would post this. Also PM streetme (?) he can give you directions.
Bubble Gum
Oh yeah, any other attraction recommendations are welcome of course. I will go see David second, because then I can do it leisurely and enjoy it once I have my retail therapy out of the way. And trust me, do I need some therapy .
rusty
actually BG, second is while you're at Prada, not to forget the pressies!!!
Renia
Go there for me BG, all my trips to Florence I concentrated on the arts...
perdido
More Karma for renia.
Bubble Gum
Karma! Ahh, the good old TT days.

Renia, don't worry, will have a moment of silence for you . Rusty, em yeah, presents, after the therapy !!
Bubble Gum
OMG just read that there is a Salvatore Ferragamo Shoe Museum with 10,000 pairs of shoes !
Renia
Thanks perdido, I guess I`ll have to make do with karma instead of cut-price Prada shoes (sob...)
Bubble Gum
If it makes you feel any better, I probably won't be able to afford them anyway...
Renia
Yep, heaps better!!
wahoo
I've never been, but i've heard the Prada outlet is outside of the city.
wahoo
Perhaps mrbrain can give you more info...Not because of his interest in discount designer clothing, but because of his Florence expertise.
TroyBoy
Hi BG, I went to the Prada outlet last, wow it was great. What id di was joined the tour which cost around 15 euros, and you buy the tickets from the outlet near the main station. The reason I did this is that to get there yourself is a pain, its about an hour drive out of florence.

As well the tour went to Gucci, Armani, and about 5 others and it was only a half day tour. I got Prada mens boots for 40 euro, Gucci braclett for 50 euro and tons of other stuff.

The main time of the tour is spent at Prada, you have around 1.5hrs there.

As well there is actually a website for this, thats how i got on the tour.
Lassie
I've been to the Prada outlet. It is south of the city in the middle of nowhere so I expect the cabs there to be pretty expensive from the city centre. I drove up from Rome so can't tell you more. It was a nightmare to find though, especially not speaking the lingo.

They had huge reductions, well, on the men's stuff anyway. I picked up a suit for like 250 pounds, shoes for about 50 pounds and other bibs and bobs. This was in 2000 though.

I think there is a Gucci outlet near Florence too.

Enjoy!
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.