V-Markt supermarket in Haidhausen/Ramersdorf - Munich

Good selection of foods and other groceries

Pages: 1 2 3 4

britMUC
.. so tired of the usual penny, norma, tengelmann supermarkets ... heard that there's a V-Markt on Balanstra├če that has a good selection of foods and even sells cheddar cheese ... wasn't sure V-Markt is a wholesale market for gastro or a regular supermarket open to the public. anyone been there? a better alternative to norma ?
Moonboot
go go go it's ace! or am I thinking of Walmarkt?
bluedave
I live literally opposite V Markt and use it all the time. Whilst not exactly a Tesco's Hypermarket, it's probably about the best you're gonna get in Munich.

They have a variety of expat friendly foods and a great drinks market, it is set out like a cash and carry back home with food, clothing, white goods, car parts etc but is open to the public, no membership required.
arshoo
its good, right next to me office and has lotsa stuff, dunno whether you are looking for anything in particular but else how can i explain, tis a supermarkt, has good selection of fruits and juices and health stuff
Keydeck
Whilst not exactly a Tesco's Hypermarket, it's probably about the best you're gonna get in Munich.
Haven't been to that V-Markt, but outside of Walmart, the best I've seen here so far is the Hit beside where I live in Elsenheimerstr. Great Asian shop beside it too.
MonksTown
It's good, just a bit crap for public transport so I never shop there.
There's a Praktika next door.
bluedave
54 bus stops right at the junction of St Martinstr and Balanstr, about 200m away.
Malcolm Spudbury
It's not that bad, Monkstown. The bus 54 from Ostbahnhof stops a couple of minutes' walk up the road, and there are 2 S-Bahns that stop at St.-Martin-Str.
arshoo
and s-bahn st. martin str. isnt too far away either, served by both S5 and S6.

EDIT: beaten by the mods
britMUC
cool, thanks bluedave for the info on membership
other than cheddar cheese, just looking for a decent supermarket with a great choice and not so far away - just moved to haidhausen, so Walmart's a bit out of the way.
saschakurz
where exactly is balanstra├če in haidhausen ?
bluedave
come out of the pub you were in last night and walk to Rosenheimer s bahn, cross the road and there is a road forking off to your left, that's the start of balanstr
Malcolm Spudbury
It goes south from Rosenheimer Platz, almost parallel to Rosenheimer Strasse, under the S-Bahn bridge and all the way down through Ramersdorf-Perlach to Fasangarten.

Google Maps link.
bluedave
other than cheddar cheese, just looking for a decent supermarket with a great choice and not so far away - just moved to haidhausen,
depending where you are in Haidhausen, there is an excellent HIT supermarket right at rosenheimerpl S bahn gasteig exit and an asian shop on rosenheimerstr itself next to it

HIT prob better for UK stuff tbh
britMUC
cool, i think i'll head off to V-Markt and swing by Aldi on my way home for a tin of Quality Street !!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.