Microbiologist to the rescue...duhduhduh!
First off, no unprocessed cheese is pasteurized and processed cheese is not really cheese. The milk that makes cheese may or may not be pasteurized. The main reason for pasteurization is to simply to kill off the detrimental bacteria and unwanted yeast and molds and add your own. They tend to do the same in making beer and wine and anything else that relies on living organisms and a long fermentation process.
Banned in the U.S.A.
The danger of eating raw-milk cheese is similar to that of eating raw oysters, yet the latter is legal in the US. Those with higher risk of infection, such as pregnant women, should not eat raw-milk cheese, raw oysters and steak, and other foods that can harbor microbes that cause diseases. But Europeans have been eating raw-milk cheeses since ancient times, evidently with little ill effect. European cheese makers are generally careful to keep the milk uncontaminated, which minimizes the risk.
The main dangers here are Salmonella and the bad ETEC (Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli). Both are more likely to turn up in raw chicken, raw veggies and undercooked hamburger. Cheese doesn't suffer from bacteria, it suffers from poor preparation and contaminated workers and packers who do suffer from bacteria. Most every food poisoning outbreak that I have ever heard of has been traced back to a contaminated worker except for Salmonella and chicken which tends to go hand in hand.
Know your cheese.
Now, as to whether the cheese you have has had the milk pasteurized or not depends entirely on what brand and manufacturer of the cheese you have. If it is made from cow's milk, it is most likely pasteurized, but even that isn't a 100% guarantee.