UK Passport Office in Düsseldorf

Directions and other information

Pages: 1 2

Mairinger
Can anybody please give directions to the Passport Office at the British Consulate, in Düsseldorf, from the main train station there?

TIA!
Nicole
From their website Failing that go to mapblast .com and put in the street name

Directions to the British Consulate-General, Yorckstraße 19, 40476 Düsseldorf

By Car

52 Essen - Direction Düsseldorf
At end of motorway, cross main junction
Follow signs D-Derendorf, lead into Münsterstraße
Follow Münsterstraße and cross railway bridge
First left turn/opposite Schlösserbrauerei = Yorckstraße

52 Mönchengladbach - Direction Düsseldorf
At end of motorway turn left: direction A52 ESSEN
Cross Theodor-Heuss-Brücke
Follow Uerdinger Str/Johannstraße
2nd main junction right turn into Ulmenstraße
Follow Ulmenstraße until you reach main junction
Turn left into Münsterstraße
3rd right turning = Yorckstraße

By S-Bahn (5-10 minutes)

From Düsseldorf Main Station
S1/S21/S7/S6 (Platform 13/14) direction Essen/Dortmund/D-Airport/Ratingen
Get off at station Düsseldorf-DERENDORF (3rd station)

From Düsseldorf Airport
S7 direction Düsseldorf
Get off Düsseldorf-DERENDORF (2nd station)

By Tram (from City Center)

701 - Direction Rath S-Bahnhof
Get off at tram stop: Ratherstraße
704 - Direction Merziger Straße
Get off at tram stop St. Vincentz Krankenhaus

Taxi from Düsseldorf-Airport

Costs: approximately 18.00 Euro
Time: approximately 15 minutes

Contact us

British Consulate-General
Yorckstrasse 19
40476 Düsseldorf

Tel +49 (0)211 9448 0
Fax +49 (0)211 488 190

VISA

Visa Section
Yorckstrasse 19
40476 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49 (0)211 9448 160 08:30 - 16:30 (16:00 on Fridays)
Fax: +49 (0)211 9448 198
Counter Service: 08:00 - 11:00 Monday to Friday (i.e. mornings only!)
E-mail: visa.section@duesseldorf.mail.fco.gov.uk

PASSPORTS

Passport Section
Yorckstrasse 19
40476 Düsseldorf

Please note: due to workload we have to restrict the phone opening hours:
13:00 - 16:00 (15:30 on Fridays)

Tel: +49 (0)211 9448 170, 13:00 - 16:00 (15:30 on Fridays)
Fax: +49 (0)211 488 190
Counter Service: 08:30 - 16:00 (15:30 on Fridays)
E-mail: consular.section@duesseldorf.mail.fco.gov.uk
WelshRichard
I've only dealt with them once and they were great. Very helpful, polite and I got my new passport in 3 working days.

God bless civil servants!
Mairinger
Thanks for that! I can't imagine why I didn't think of looking for directions from their web site - duh!

Hope they're as fast as that for me WRichard, I've delayed renewing the passport for a year, now I really must get it done.

TY
reggie
A couple of years ago I applied for a passport renewal for my Xmas trip back to blighty and as it got caught up in the Xmas post here, I had to apply for an emergency passport and drive up from Frankfurt to Düsseldorf to collect it in person. I was surprised how easy it was to find the consulate by car. It took me 2 hours to get there and then 2 hours back again, and I only spent literally 5 minutes in the place as my passport was waiting for me at reception and I was dealt with superbly by the friendly staff there. And when I got back to my flat in Frankfurt, guess what was waiting for me in my post-box... Yep, my passport. So I flew to the UK with two valid passports. I've always wondered how much I could have got for one of them if I'd offered it around near the Hauptbahnhof...
Slackmack
I'm not called slack for nothing... I've only just got around to filling out the form for my renewal.

I mean, I only printed it out 5 weeks ago

Still have to get some photos though :doh:
alibi
yeah, I was a dozy git too when my passport expired last year! Getting far too close to my flying to UK date when I finally renewed it, but after a couple of phone calls and noting the date I was flying on the form, got it back by post within a week! And that was December...
mike_a
When I got mein renewed a few weeks ago, I even got a parking place across the road from the entrance:)

If you want your passport on the day, phone them first and agree this, then get there before lunch if possible.

I didn't, got there at lunchtime, but they still agreed to do it the next morning and put it in the post. It arrived the next morning, so they obviously did it straight away.

It depends on how many applications they have to deal with though (the said they were taking 3 days with normal applications, but that it varies -- first in, first out).

As others have written, they are very friendly and helpful, but they also have their rules and procedures to follow.

So, if you are driving there from farther away, be sure to get a same day agreement first. Make sure your form is correctly filled in, you have appropriate photos (best go to a passport foto studio, its not that much more than a machine, you get to check the photo before it's printetd, and you get 4 the same) and, of course, have the appropriate fee ready.
reggie
I hate the new method of transferring your photo to the passport though (is it done by laser or something?) -- I look like a bloody tomato! :$
mike_a
Try scanning it -- I scanned mine to have a copy. Very interesting effect:)
RMA
I'm not called slack for nothing... I've only just got around to filling out the form for my renewal.

I mean, I only printed it out 5 weeks ago 
got you beat hands down there Mac,

I had the forms filled out in May, got the photo signed in June - and finally got round to sending it off two weeks ago - somewhat in trepidation, as according to the forms, the photo shouldn't be more than three months old!

I did have an excuse, I wasn't sure they'd accept the photo, because in trimming it to size there wasn't much left of the shoulders in "head and shoulders" portrait. I never got round to redoing the photo and then I applied for a job in UK and suddenly things got urgent!

Got my passport back three days later, brilliant service - in May they were talking about being overloaded and not able to hold their normal 1 -2 weeks.
Mairinger
I went to the British consulate yesterday in Düsseldorf to get my passport. I decided to drive there, and only went wrong twice, once on the way in and once on the way out. Not bad going for me!

There is a DUAL system in operation at the front door, whereby they only allow visa applicants in 1 at a time, but any other visitors can just go in. However, the visa applicants, of which there could be 100s outside, will tell you that you have to wait. IGNORE THEM. Knock at the door, or ring the bell, and say that you are there for a passport, and then you'll be let straight in, by the passport security doorman.

hth anybody else going there.
Weeman
Mairinger,

Thanks for the info, I will be going to renew my passport on the 20th (I have arranged a meeting in advance).
But sometimes it is not clear what to do when you arrive at these palces.

Cheers,
Weeman.
BuzzAbroad
I've renewed 2 passports since coming out here (one for me, one for my son). Only ever done it by POST and it was piss-easy.
Tony-bb
i renewed mine by post. some advance questions were very quickly answered by email and when I sent the forms the new passport came back almost by return registered mail. far better than when applied in UK, but then they don't have quite so many applications!
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.