Raspberry ketones weight loss supplements

It is totally a scam

fabolous_871
Hello Everybody,

I have a weight problem. Last week I was watching the News and saw this advertisement and I've heard that its really successful in the states

http://favorite.diet.2013.for.lose.2.pound.txfxnws.com/?s=aa

1. I wanted to know if any docter here could give me an advice?
2. Is it true that it has no side effects?
3. Where can I buy the genuine product in Munich?

Thanks
Schotte
http://alivebynature.com/raspberry-ultra-drops-a-miracle-weight-loss-supplement-or-scam/

Clicking on the "Fox News" logo (on your link) and being taken to a place I could order this scam was enough to tell.

There is no miracule cure like this. If this worked as it claimed, you would have heard about it on the news!

Eating well and regular exercise are the only things will work. Supplements with green tea extract among other things will help boost your metabolism, but will be pointless without exercise and decent food anyway.
8420PR
Well I would call it a scam!

The link you provided is an advertisement by Fox news, not a news story. Very deceiving I believe. You can see they are making cash using affiliate links - i.e. when you buy it Fox News get a percentage.
Schotte
The link provided is nothing whatsoever to do with Fox News. Click on anything at the top. It takes you to the same page.

The Fox logo is very different when you look at the genuine one: http://www.foxnews.com/

There are similar scams out there with equally ripped off logos of Men's Health and other mainstream magazines.
Schotte
I tried to edit the topic title with "Answer: A total scam" but alas no...

"Error: Your topic title privilege has been temporarily revoked due to your previous misuse of the facility."

I think it has been years since I tried to edit a topic title...
MadAxeMurderer
Changed it for you Schotee. I got privileges!

BTW I guess txfxnws.com is not the main site of fox news, and if you click on home, it doesn't take you to news home, but diet supplement home.
robinson100
I tend to think that most "diets" are a scam anyway - at the end of the day you simply have to take in less calories, and burn more!
In summer this is a LOT easier than in winter as you can easily get out and about on your bike or go swimming or whatever, and have less time to even think about food.
One "diet" rule I do follow though is never to tell myself that I can´t have whatever I might be craving at that particular moment, as I know that I will try eating almost everything else and then still come back to whatever it was, so in the long-term I save calories by eating a couple of biscuits!
JSD
OP, read Gary Taubes' Good Calories Bad Calories. It'll explain a lot. It's not a "diet" per se, but give you a good amount of information on why these fad diets just do more harm than good. If you truly have had a long time of having a weight problem, you may have developed a metabolic disorder (I'm not a doctor, I am just taking a wild guess), and if so, no amount of caloric restriction is going to prove very fruitful. There are places that can help, but first read the book and get the information in your brain.

Want a good place to start? Just cut out as many starchy carbs and sugars as possible and don't worry abt the rest too much. Don't count calories, count carbs. When looking at metabolic disorders, carbs are the enemy.
fabolous_871
Thank you very much everyone for the reply.
My question was more towards the product than the link. Even if the link is a scam what do you think about the product. Its available on ebay and amazon and it says it doesn't have any side effects?
quietlaugh
Hello,
Unfortunately, as others have said before there is no free lunch. Weight loss supplement without side effect simply do not exist.
FuzzyTony
My question was more towards the product than the link. Even if the link is a scam what do you think about the product. Its available on ebay and amazon and it says it doesn't have any side effects?
Forget about it, fabolous_871. Here's a comment from WebMD:

Raspberry ketone became popular for weight loss after it was mentioned on the Dr. Oz television show during the segment called “Raspberry ketone: Miracle fat-burner in a bottle” in February 2012. Even though it is touted as a “miracle” for weight loss, there is no reliable scientific evidence that it works for improving weight loss. [...] Raspberry ketone is a chemical from red raspberries that is thought to help for weight loss. Some research in animals or in test tubes shows that it might increase some measures of metabolism. It might also affect a hormone in the body called adiponectin. However, it is important to keep in mind that there is no reliable scientific evidence that it improves weight loss when taken by people.
And more here.
robinson100
Okay, my opinion of the product is that it has not been shown to help in weight-loss, and is full of chemicals which your body would not normally contain, the side-effects of which are unknown.
Whilst I haven´t gone to the bother of checking out the price on Ebay or anywhere else, I am pretty sure that the stuff is expensive for something that has not been proved to work!
My personal opinion as to whether or not you should buy it and use it is that you would be a fool to do so.

To the OP - talk to your GP about your weight and your hopes to reduce your weight. S/he will surely know you well enough to be able to point you in the right direction.
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.