English speaking jobs in/around Gutersloh - HELP!

I have no idea where to start...

Vaughn82
Hey guys,

I am planning on moving to Germany to be with my boyfriend. He's based out in Gutersloh, so I'm looking there and anywhere near it. I seem to be having a problem finding a job of any kind while I'm still in the UK, and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me?

I'd prefer an English speaking job as my German is pretty rubbish, but I am willing to do a language course to improve. I've been mainly looking at hospitality, and administration work, as that's what I've been doing here, but I'm finding it tough.

Would it be better to move out and then find a job while I'm there, or to stick at finding one first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
BJB
I'd look at Arvato/Bertlesmann. They have a lot of call center and back office work in English
BJB
here is one

http://stellenanzeige.monster.de/GetJob.aspx?WT.mc_n=xml_thel&JobID=111749570

Customer Service Agent (f/m) English, French, Spanish
Berufserfahrene, Vollzeit, -, Service Center, IT & Telekommunikation
arvato direct services GmbH, Gütersloh, Gütersloh, North-Rhine/Westphalia

Your challenge:

At our site in Gütersloh we are looking for a Customer Service Agent (f/m):

Friendly and competent Business Partner Support
Telephone and written support of queries regarding partner loyalty programmes
Usage of various software applications and internet
Data base administration, documentation and administration of all customer queries

Your profile:

Very good language skills: Fluent in English or Spanish or French- written and spoken
Commercial education beneficial
Extensive customer and service orientation as well as enjoying telephone contact with customers
Substantial knowledge of Microsoft products: Windows Server, Networking and licences
Flexible and working well in a team

About us:

arvato is an internationally networked outsourcing providers. More than 65,000 employees design and implement bespoke solutions for all kinds of business processes across integrated service chains, for business customers from around the world. Its portfolio includes all services related to the creation and distribution of printed materials and digital storage media, as well as data management, customer care, CRM services, supply-chain management, digital distribution, financial services, professional and custom IT services, and the direct-to-customer distribution of educational media.

What we have to offer:

Subject to social insurance contribution
Social security benefits (holiday pay and Christmas bonus)
Several weeks of paid classroom and on-the-job training
Exciting international working atmosphere
Very good access by public transport

Bewerbungen an:

In order to ensure a timely processing of your application, we recommend an online application, e-Mail by clicking "apply" or by mail:

Recruiting Services (arvato direct services GmbH)
Bianca Sundermann
Postfach 90 20 00
33312 Gütersloh

karriere@arvato-cs.de

http://www.arvato-customer-services.de
Vaughn82
Thanks hun

Reckon it's worth a shot applying even though I've not moved there yet?

This is all very confusing for me!

Thanks so much! x
BJB
it will be easier once you are here. But it can't hurt to apply and make sure you mention when you will be over.
locknut
does your boyfriend wear green to work, by any chance.? if so, you'd be better off getting a job within the BFG community.. this would also help you intergrate with the rest of the dependants ~ which is a big help if this is your first time away from home..
The money won't be great, but it'll give you occupation and conversation with other adults with similar expereinces, whch is essential to you settling in over here..

good luck.. :-)
peterparra
Hi there, I am Spanish, dont speak good english, only a bit of german but I have a good job in Gutersloh. Yes, you should try with some of the international companies over here like Miele, Arvato, Tonnies Fleisch, ... I am here since 1 of March and the city is nice but a little boring :-)

I hope you like it and find a job soon. I am always trying to meet new people and make friends here so if you and your boyfriend are interested we can take a beer when you move here.

Regards

Pedro
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.