Disc golf - Saturdays or Sundays - location varies - Munich

Golf with a frisbee

17 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Last »

jayhay
Since there's been quite a lot of interest in disc golf over the last few weeks, it's time to
give this it's own thread, sister-thread to Ultimate Frisbee.

If you don't know what disc-golf is:
Take a look at this FAQ.

If you've not played with us before...
- The general motto is: everyone is welcome, regardless of ability
- Probably we can lend you discs, post to the thread to make sure
- We usually carry on to get a beer/food together after playing

Disc Golf on 5.11
After two great daytrips to Disc-Golf-Mecca (Weilheim) I suggest we try playing in Munich
this week. Mr. Disc-Golf himself (aka the person who lent us a bag of discs last week) has
suggested playing on the Müllberg near U-Fröttmaning this coming Saturday with a couple
of portable golf holes. Apparently he is in the process of convincing the Munich authorities
to install a permanent disc golf course around this hill and it's wind turbines, which towers
70m above the surrounding countryside.

I'd suggest we meet around 10 am at the U-Bahnhof Fröttmaning (U6), which is about 15
minutes ride from Marienplatz. Who's down?

benpanter
I expect I'll be there... but I'll probably ride directly there as it's only a few kilometers from Garching.
benpanter
Oh... and jay, Frottmaning is on the U6 not the U4.
brokenm
I'll be there...probably
eriiki tubbs
There
DrivinWest
Would absolutely love to but I'm rather busy these days - I'll play it by ear.
jayhay
I expect I'll be there... but I'll probably ride directly there as it's only a few kilometers from Garching.
Ben, what about getting some other of the Max Planck's out, since it's not far from there?
benpanter
Yeup... but to be honest the majority live in town. I'll put an email out though.
one51
I will probably come, are there discs available? Haven't had to to research into which discs I want to buy quite yet. Is the famous "frisbee guy" himself going to be there, meaning we could buy discs from him then if desired? Muhahaha.

Fröttmaning is one stop past where my monthly card ends, just in ring 4. We'll see if I'm a gambler ;-)
jayhay
@ one51 - the man will bring a bag of discs with him. If you want to buy discs, PM which sort and I can let him know and he can bring a couple of new discs for you to choose from. I think he charges about €9,50 a disc.
NOFXmike
this Saturday I'm busy, CRAP. I've played Weilheim twice since I moved here...I think it's a crap course, personally. You want a Mecca? go to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area...we've got (last I counted) over 16 courses, then if you go just outside, there're courses all over the state. Where I went to college (winona) we had 2 courses in town, an 18-basket and a 9...so I played at least a couple times a week. Both were decent courses...

ANYWAYS, (sorry), I've got about 8-9 discs sitting here asking to be played...I'd love to, but I just can't this saturday cause of work. Unfortunately saturday mornings I usually work...
jayhay
I've played Weilheim twice since I moved here...I think it's a crap course, personally.
Obviously I was talking relatively, to an extent. Germany may not be a world leader in disc golf courses,
but still I think Weilheim is fantastic. Surely you were a little bit inspired by the countryside? Magnificent
views? Beer garden at the 19th hole?
benpanter
...all those bloody hills to roll your disc down?
DrivinWest
Weilheim rocks. As stated the views are great, the course is tough and varying, and the beer garden at the beginning/end is key.

The hills are a pain in the ass and can botch a whole round in one hole but that's part of the game.
one51
Anyone have directions for driving to this course? I have somewhere to be at 4, and probably it's best to go straight there. I can't carry my bass guitar around the whole time unfortunately
17 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Last »
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.