Where to buy essential oils - Germany

To make homemade facial masks and scrubs

Pages: 1 2

nojhead
Hello

I arrived in Germany a couple of months ago and have been trying to find some items. Does anyone know where i can go to find essential oils that i can use for making homemade facial scrubs and masks? I am also looking for jojoba oil and glycerin. I'm thinking the apotheke but I didn't know if there were any other options. I appreciate the help

thanks!
Beuel
Jojoba oil

Glycerin

You can order essential oils from Amazon.

http://www.dict.cc/?s=essential+oil

Translation help.

Make sure it's not Lampenöl or Duftöl. (oil for fragrant oil burners, fragrant oil)
camlough
Chemist or Reformhaus will stock those.
fraufruit
I always wondered why they are called "essential" when 98% of people don't use them.
nojhead
Thanks ladies! Camlough, is reformhaus different from an apotheke? i'm hoping to find something locally...fraufruit, you bring up a good point lol
westvan
A Reformhaus is a health food store.
nojhead
oh ok so alnatur (sp?) might have it. great. thanks!
westvan
Yes, some place like that.
camilleelise
They have a couple of essential oils (I've found Orange, Lemongrass, Citronella, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint and Tea Tree) at DM, Rossmann, and Nanu Nana, in the same area as the Parfum/Duftöl varieties (except the Tea Tree, which is in a different section--herbal remedies or similar, and is the good stuff I used to get in Australia). Not sure if maybe you're looking for a higher grade or something, but I use them all for cleaning and occasionally bath products. Oh I've also seen them at Kaufland.
perdido
I would pm essertpitay. That dude knows all the great places or as he would say Minga!
koala
You could also try

http://www.etherischeoele.de/index.php
madgibson
In Munich there is a shop called Spinnrad. Looks like you can order online or maybe there is a branch near you.
Katrina
Brennessel has 2 stores in Munich plus a big online shop - they should have all that you need.
MissAnna
For my facial cleanser (oil cleansing method) I get Jojoba and tea tree (Tee Bäume) oil from Alnatura. They have a pile of other essential oils as well. Good luck!
Kitty70
You can get liquid glycerine at the apotheke. Where I got it, they filled as much as I needed, not sure of you can get pre-measured amounts. But no problem to fill to order.
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.