Is the Murdoch Empire in trouble?

Update: NOTW gone, Rupert sorry, Rebekah charged

30 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Last »

jeremy
Right then,

Well it's the big story in the Graun as they broke it but my fave piece is this analysis in the Indy of which Ive also been a fan:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/andreas-whittam-smith/andreas-whittam-smith-if-we-dont-act-now-worse-will-follow-2307923.html

I am wondering if it is at all possible if some line has now been crossed with the depths becoming apparent to how low this organization has sunk. The latest target revealed is families of dead soldiers serving in Iraq. Lots of advertisers are pulling their support for the paper. Gary Lineker, regarded as one of the cleanest players in football, is also considering his position as the phrase goes.

My cynicism about the power of these media magnates says no, but could I be proven wrong?
perdido
When you have dough you never have to worry. Unfortunately he has dough.
Moonboot
think they should not be allowed to call themselves News of the World cuz News is the last thing they've ever carried for a long long time.
Regurgitated Celeb Nonsensical Shite of the World more like.
HEM
You have to realise that the media is above the law - cos any attempt to curtail them gets crys of "freedom of the press" supported by whoever is currently in opposition.
Sin
Is the Murdoch Empire in trouble? I fuckin' hope so. Anybody who knows me well knows that I've been saying he should be arrested on charges of High Treason and taken to The Tower on setting foot in The UK for what he has done... for the past 30-odd years since I worked at PA (Reuters). I gave up voting because it became irrelevant when I realised The Dirty Digger decided who was going to be the government anyway. Spike + Head + Tower Hill = problem solved.

What I don't get is this damage limitation to the News of The Screws alone, like the hacking ONLY served one tentacle of his media empire. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I'm just glad the British public have finally had the patently bleedin' obvious finally slapped into their bewildered and unbelieving faces. Hoorah!
MrNosey
think they should not be allowed to call themselves News of the World cuz News is the last thing they've ever carried for a long long time.
Regurgitated Celeb Nonsensical Shite of the World more like.
Religion is no longer the opiate of the masses - shite news organisations are.
Sin
Funny, I thought [...insert country here...] seeks a new Big Brother X Factor superstar/model was
MrNosey
Nah, the news organisations want us to believe in them whilst they stoke up fear and bemuse us with mindless twaddle.
Sin
You don't say?
Keleth
Could be the end of the News of the World but not the end of his empire.
What I hate is the sanctimonious cries of the rest of the press while they're likely thinking "damn why didn't we do that 1st".
BattalionBoy
If you think he looks old, wait till you see his mother. Yep, she is still kicking.

As of 2011[update] at age 102, Mother Murdoch remains in good health, maintaining a busy schedule of committee meetings and charity functions.

This could mean we have another 22 years of him. By then he will own the planet. I doubt very much that he gives two hoots about the News of the World or what happens to it, it is probably 1 or 0.5% of his empire.
Dublinman
The News of the World is going to be closed down apparently. Sunday will be its last edition.

Good riddance.
Sin
News of the World to close amid hacking scandal

Woo-Hoo! Now for The Sun and The Times and the rest of Murdoch's lies.
kludgie
Bet Murdoch has been looking for an excuse to close it down for ages. All part of some nefarious plan, no doubt...

Apparently Sun staff have been told they're moving to a 7-day operation. The Sunday Sun?
bluedave
Hoping that this doesn't allow the guilty parties to evade prosecution.
30 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 » Last »
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.