How to seal charcoal drawings - Munich

Which product specifically

bhapke
Hello! While in Prague this last weekend, we had a caricature made of my two children and I just love it. How can I preserve it so that the charcoal drawing will always remain the same? Thanks for your help in advance!
blumen10
Hairspray has always worked for me. A couple of lightcoatings does it normally. I am still using an old can from years ago, so can't recommend a german brand. I'd test the hairspray out on doodle first, of course.
auniquecorn
bhapke,
An alternative is to skip the fixative and get your drawing professionally framed under glass using sealed-quality materials. I used to hair spray mine, but after a few years they get really dull, also if you ever have to dust one, it becomes a risk.

featherlight
You can buy fixative at any art shop.
Iain & Siobhan
I'd go for thew hairspray option, its cheaper and you get to choose the fragrance
perdido
Fixativ at any art supply store. I do not know if Idee sell it at theirs though. The price depending on location is about €10-15. Like mentioned above hair spray is a more than viable solution. If using the Fixativ though make sure you do it outside. If not possible use next to a fully open window with good ventilation. I do the latter many times in winter and do not recommend if never done it before. Cheers and congrats on the drawing. I love charcoal. The wife hates it, but I love it. Thanks to me there are permanent finger marks on the wall in case the cops need them.
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.