TK / TJ Maxx comes to various locations in Germany

US stores popping up all over the place

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Pas
I was in Kolbermoor at the Aicherpark yesterday and pleasantly surprised to see a new TK Maxx.

Had a quick spin round, looked like the stores in the US and UK.

Hopefully they will open up more stores nearer Munich?
leeza
It is worth noting for our American brethren that it is called TJ Maxx in the States.
eurobabs
But the real question would be - is it just full of the same brands that are in every other German store - or are they actually nicer brands for less, which is what TJ Maxx is?? Sort of like Walmart when it was here - looked like Walmart, felt like Walmart, but was just German stuff
Pas
Come for a day out down south with me and we can find out.
sjj158
@ Eurobabs - I went to the one near me, in Giessen, and I can say it wasn't exactly like the ones in the US but it was pretty good. The clothing selection was ok but then again I didn't spend the time picking through like you have to. I was impressed with the home section though. I scored lots of Le Creuset pottery for cheap!
llees
Come for a day out down south with me and we can find out.
Is this an open invitation or is babs getting special treatment?
Pas
You always get special treatment as well. I have one other person interested already as well.
llees
*calls shotgun*
eurobabs
Llees, you get shotgun, which means I get to sit in back with the little frog

When are we going PAS????
llees
Frog stays home. I need both my arms to carry BARGAINS.
eurobabs
but also
cinzia
This seems like just the kind of store that would be wildly popular in Germany. It's the Aldi or Tchibo of clothing.
Pas
Tchibo do clothing!

I actually think the kitchen stuff you can get at TK Maxx is worth going for.
Kazalphaville
We had one open here in Cologne a few weeks ago.
llees
Tchibo do clothing!

I actually think the kitchen stuff you can get at TK Maxx is worth going for.
I agree - and about some of the clothes. I once saw a pair of Dolce e Gabbana shoes in the one in Dublin, for €40. They weren't in my size so I went off in a tremendous temper.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.