Getting started with Commerzbank online banking - Germany

I'm having trouble!

Pages: 1 2

markphillips442
Hi there

Having recently set up my account with Commerzbank, I have recieved all my details for online banking. The only problem is... when I try to login it won't let me.

I am certain I am putting the details in correctly, and have verified that with a German friend. Has anybody on here who is with Commerzbank got any ideas or advice for signing in for the first time? Is there something specific I am missing, like perhaps activating the account somehow?`

Thanks!

Mark
MrNosey
Mark
I'd just like to say, divorcing Princess Anne was a smart move.

Are you sure you're using the right portal (see here) --> https://www.commerzbank.de/de/hauptnavigation/privatk/privat-_und_geschaeftskunden/online_banking/Onlinebanking.html

Even when you get to the private banking website, it looks as though there are 2 methods to log in ("PIN Classic" and "e-P@d PIN".... why, why, why???)
Are you picking the right method? --> https://www.commerzbank-privat.de/
Bobby.H
I am having the same problems with logging onto their online banking for the first time too mark!!

MrNosey ive tried all the methods youve mentioned and still no success!

If you managed to log in ok mark could you let me know how you did it please?

Thanks

Bobby
Gwaptiva
well, you seem to have survived the worst part, but just to make sure, you need: an account number (long thing, like 14-16 digits), an eBanking PIN (5 or 6 digits) and a TAN list (loads of numbers and letters).

I access my CoBa ebanking via www.commerzbanking.com, then enter the account number and the pin the fields top right and (once I actually got all those numbers) Robert's my father's brother.
marton
Up until 4 weeks ago I used to do online banking with them. I used this link My link. On the top right hand side there are two boxes, login name and pin. Both boxes required numerical digits inserted - if I remember correctly the first box required a 10 digit number and (I am certain of this one) the second box required a 5 digit number. Whether anything has changed since I last used the online banking facility I do not know.
Justanne
Try the "business banking" tab, instead of the "private banking" tab. Then punch in all the same online codes.
Bobby.H
Ive done all that, got my online banking user number, my PIN and the TAN list and ive put them into the correct boxes and it says that:

"You have entered in incorrect combination of login name / user number and PIN. Please re-enter your login data."

Does it take a few days to become registered because I only set up my account on tuesday?

thanks

Bobby
kiil
Call your bank representative or hotline. They can best help you. Hotline 0180 3 10260 Mo-Fr 8-20 Uhr 9 Cent/Minute Mobile 42 Cent/Minute
westvan
Is there something specific I am missing, like perhaps activating the account somehow?`
Sometimes you still need to go to your bank in person and do this even if you have all the details. It's called Freischalten.
redblack
Hi there, I've also same problem.

2 days ago I received 3 letters which contains Teilnehmernummer, PIN, Mastercard PIN but I cam mot log into the system. How did you solved this problem?
poppet
How did you solved this problem?
I'm guessing they did what the two smart tters above advised.

Westvan
Sometimes you still need to go to your bank in person and do this even if you have all the details. It's called Freischalten.
Kill
Hotline 0180 3 10260 Mo-Fr 8-20 Uhr 9 Cent/Minute Mobile 42 Cent/Minute
swinter
Did you sign and send in the form attached to the piece of paper your pin was on? You need to do this to indicate you received the information (you can take it to the bank in person or mail it). Then it takes a couple more days to activate your login info.
eaglerunner
I opened a "Tagesgeld" account with the Commerzbank a few months ago and had the same problem. I went to the bank to ask for help and was told that my account was listed as a business account since I am a Freelance English teacher.

I think this has been suggested already but I thought I would give my 2 cents.

Good luck!

Adam
redblack
Dear poppet, swinter and eaglerunner thanks for suggestions those are really appreciated. Germany means "paperwork" for me and it's difficult to handle even most basic issues. There is a signature section in PIN letter and I guess I need to sign this paper and send back to bank. Tomorrow I'll try. After that I'll write a step by step guide for dummies like me.

Thanks a lot.
skbenja
Did you get access to your account? I signed the form and mailed it back a week ago and it still doesn't work. On one of the pages for registering in online banking it says:

"Nach Eingang Ihrer Empfangsbestätigung und ggf. nach Ablauf der Widerrufsfrist nach Fernabsatzgesetz werden Sie sofort freigeschaltet."

So I get the first part...after you send them the receipt thinger, but then there's something about this "Fernabsatzgesetz" -- my german co-worker didn't know what it meant in that context. He said the Fernabsatzgesetz is the right to return something bought online, like amazon.de. He said it *might* mean there's a 2 week waiting period for them to enable online banking?
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.