Aldi talk (Medion) sim got locked - Germany

Not sure how to unlock using PUK and new pin

Pages: 1 2

Explor
Hi All,

I got my Aldi talk (Medion) sim locked by wrongly entering the pin 3 times. So now it ask me for PUK code and new pin. I was able to located the PUK and the sim accepts it. The problem is when I enter the new pin. when I enter a new pin twice it complains there is a error code. I am not sure where I have lapsed. Help me solve the problem

Thanks
robinson100
I can´t actually help you because what I know about mobile phones could be written on the back of a postage stamp, but I am sure these people can:

http://www.medionmobile.de/tarif.php
swimmer
Otherwise, call the Aldi helpline (very good service in my experience, they can usually sort that sort of thing out in a flash). Erm, except on Sunday, natch .
Explor
Thanks for the reply.

Any body knows toll free number of Aldi? I had a site which list all the toll free numbers but unable to find now.
poppet
Heres the normal no.

• Über das Handy mit der ALDI TALK SIM-Karte unter 1157
  • Aus dem deutschen Festnetz erreichen Sie uns unter 0177 - 1157
Öffnungszeiten der Servicehotline
Montags bis Freitags
07.00 bis 23.00 Uhr
Samstags, Sonntags und Feiertags (bundeseinheitlich)
10.00 bis 18.00 Uhr

And it looks like they are there on Sundays too.
poppet
you are aware that the personal unlocking key is 8 digits and the PIN 4? Oh and if you have entered it 10 times your card is no longer valid. You can keep the old no. but will need a new card.
Explor
you are aware that the personal unlocking key is 8 digits and the PIN 4? Oh and if you have entered it 10 times your card is no longer valid. You can keep the old no. but will need a new card.
Yeah I do know that. It does except the PUK but gives an error when I write the new pin.
YorkshireLad6
What is the error message or code?
Explor
What is the error message or code?
when I enter the new code the second time its points out "code error" with an exclamation mark!
YorkshireLad6
There are only two reasons why you will get that error:
  • you are entering the wrong PUK or are entering it incorrectly
  • the new PIN you enter (twice) is not validated
Are you SURE you have the correct PUK for the SIM card you are using?

Remember, you only get 10 chances to enter the PUK or the card will self-destruct, so use them carefully
Explor
There are only two reasons why you will get that error:
  • you are entering the wrong PUK or are entering it incorrectly
  • the new PIN you enter (twice) is not validated
Are you SURE you have the correct PUK for the SIM card you are using?

Remember, you only get 10 chances to enter the PUK or the card will self-destruct, so use them carefully
Hmm...

I guess the PUK is right or else it wouldnt even allow me to put in the new pin (I did put in the wrong PUK n it didnt go any further, so seems like the pin is fine)

New pin validation? Who validates the new pin? and why is it to be validated? Not sure I understand your statement right?
robinson100
Explor, I went to the trouble of looking for the right website for you, which includes telephone numbers and other contact options, as did Poppet - the telephone helpline is even open on Sundays!
Why on earth don´t you get on the phone and tell them what is wrong - they are the experts and should be accustomed to dealing with people who don´t know one end of a phone from the other!
I bet within five minutes of calling them, you will have the problem sorted out!
Explor
Explor, I went to the trouble of looking for the right website for you, which includes telephone numbers and other contact options, as did Poppet - the telephone helpline is even open on Sundays!
Why on earth don´t you get on the phone and tell them what is wrong - they are the experts and should be accustomed to dealing with people who don´t know one end of a phone from the other!
I bet within five minutes of calling them, you will have the problem sorted out!
Thanks for your pains robinson100, but I did it way before, you suggested. The problem was that I dont know much German (thats the reason I am posting on Toytown) and with what little German I do understand they told me to call on Monday as it is a sim issue. Not sure why!! So will try tomorrow and let you know.

sorry for being bland but you didnt sound good yourself.
robinson100
If you have already been told this, why on earth even bother to post a new thread about it in the first place?
You didn´t even see fit to mention it!
If you have been told to call on Monday then CALL ON MONDAY and stop asking the rest of us to help you!
TTers are a willing and able lot of people, but things like this can really piss us off!
Explor
I didnt knew about the number before Poppet mentioned it. And once he mentioned I did took the necessary actions. Thought would post the reply once I have the chat with them.

If you have already been told this, why on earth even bother to post a new thread about it in the first place?
You didn´t even see fit to mention it!
If you have been told to call on Monday then CALL ON MONDAY and stop asking the rest of us to help you!
TTers are a willing and able lot of people, but things like this can really piss us off!
So buddy why dont you chill down. Dont be hyperly impatient and be a little flexible. TTers are always helpful and I am greatful for that. But there are people like you who seem to defy. Congrats!! And if you get that pissed off I request you to help me no more. Thanks for all your help which has been utterly wasteful.

Sorry all other TTers! But I had to do this!
Pages: 1 2
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.