FKK in NRW

Where can I go starkers?

bramham
so is it legal to go nude everywhere in germany? i know at home i can be arrested for being naked in public (which i think is a infringment of my human rights) but here i am not sure, the last three days have been hot and i have taken to pedalling into the woods and lying on a bench starkers, i like the feel of the sun on my skin and want an all over tan, i don't want to pay 15e to go to a sauna just to sunbathe naked but i am not really sure that its ok to strip off at my local lake (gl├Ârtalsperre) which is popular but pretty much clothed only.... people talk on here about certain areas in big towns but i am in hagen I just don't understand whether its just ok whereever and whenever or just in dedicated FKK areas, my german friend says i would get told off if i was naked in a freibad, which confuses me....
Owain Glyndwr
legally, it is only an offence to be naked if someone else takes offence and reports you.
bramham
thanks og but that doesn't really clear anything up - I think that makes it the same as england which can't be right...?
McDough
so is it legal to go nude everywhere in germany? i know at home i can be arrested for being naked in public (which i think is a infringment of my human rights) but here i am not sure, the last three days have been hot and i have taken to pedalling into the woods and lying on a bench starkers, i like the feel of the sun on my skin and want an all over tan, i don't want to pay 15e to go to a sauna just to sunbathe naked but i am not really sure that its ok to strip off at my local lake (gl├Ârtalsperre) which is popular but pretty much clothed only.... people talk on here about certain areas in big towns but i am in hagen I just don't understand whether its just ok whereever and whenever or just in dedicated FKK areas, my german friend says i would get told off if i was naked in a freibad, which confuses me....
Your friend is right. Basically, there is no rule which explicitly forbids staying outside naked. However, there's a rule which could make it an offense similar to "Disorderly conduct" in English speaking countries. If you get caught you have to pay a fine and give your personal data to the police or to the "Ordnungsamt".

But it depends on the case if stripping off really is disorderly conduct. If you strip off at the local lake at this heat and just lie on your towel sunbathing there is a pretty good chance that nothing happens (except people may talk about you of course ). Naturally, there is no guarantee for that as it isn't common in Germany to sun naked in public.
bramham
but if i can be naked i want that to be an extension of my free choice exactly like i can smoke weed in the netherlands or drink beer in germany or breath air anywhere the moment i must think "can i do that here" "am i in the correct area" the fredom is lost.....
TT Logo
You are viewing a low fidelity version of this page. Click to view the full page.